Chapter 2

Red rose petals floated out of the room and there was suddenly a blinding white light. We looked away for a second as we heard people greet us, "Welcome!" I groaned, realizing where we were.

It was the Ouran High School Host Club. I only knew that for two reasons. One was because all the girls wouldn't stop talking about it, so I'd pick up fragments of their conversations in the hall. The second was because, well, I knew two of the members, Tamaki Suoh and Kyoya Otori. They were in my class, 2A. Not that I spoke to them much.

The Host Club was where its members entertained bored, idiotic girls with flattery. I wasn't exactly fond of the idea, but if it meant no one was bothering me, than why should I have cared? All I needed to know was that it was somewhere in the school. I just didn't expect to ever need to know where it was to avoid it.

Haruhi's back was pressed against the door and she looked a bit scared. "This is a host club?" she asked.

"Oh, it's a boy," twins with auburn hair noticed. They looked a little younger than me, but not by much.

"Uh, that's not-" I tried to say.

"Hikaru, Kaoru, I believe this young man is in the same class as you, is he not?" Kyoya asked. He was the one with black hair and glasses.

Hikaru and Kaoru responded, "Yeah, but he's shy. He isn't very sociable, so we don't know much about him."

Kyoya smirked a little, "Well, that wasn't very polite." The twins shrugged like they didn't see what they did wrong. "Welcome to the Ouran Host Club, Mr. Honor Student." Haruhi hid behind me and tried to open the door.

Tamaki, the blonde one with violet eyes, asked, "What? You must be the Haruhi Fujioka. You're the other exceptional honor student we've heard about." My sister turned around at the sound of her name. He looked over at me. "And you'd be the other one. I didn't know you two were friends. Hello again, uh... I'm sorry, I seem to have forgotten your name." He scratched his head and gave me an apologetic smile.

Kyoya supplied, "She is Azami Fujioka, also in our class."

I smiled, "Thanks for remembering, Kyoya. Unlike, Tamaki. Again." I glared at him. He had done that to me since the beginning of the year.

Tamaki gasped, "Oh, so you're siblings!"

Haruhi asked him, "How did you know my name?" I had never seen her so sweaty and nervous. I felt bad, more so because they thought she was a boy.

"Why, you're infamous. Both of you. It's not every day that a commoner gains entrance to our academy, especially two at once. You must have had an audacious nerve to work hard enough to fight your ways into this school, Ms. and Mr. Fujioka," Kyoya revealed to us.

"Well, uh, thank you, I guess," she uttered, confused if it was a compliment or not. I wasn't sure, either...

Tamaki slapped a hand down on her shoulder, making her jump, "You're welcome! You two are heroes to other poor people. You've shown the world that even a poor person can excel at an elite private academy." Haruhi scooted away from him, but he didn't really care. He only followed her around. "It must be hard for you to be constantly looked down upon by others."

"I think you're taking this poor thing too far," she frowned and stopped moving.

"We're not even poor. We're middle-class," I interjected. I was really getting fed up with everyone calling us poor and commoners.

He ignored us, putting his arm around her shoulder again, "Spurned, neglected, but that doesn't matter now. Long live the poor! We welcome you, poor man and woman, to our world of beauty!" I wasn't sure if he was expecting us to thank him, but it kind of seemed like it. We weren't too impressed. I knew that Tamaki was a little full of himself, but I hadn't realized how eccentric he truly was.