Chapter 20

I thought I had done well on my test, especially the essay portion. Of course, there was no way to tell. I had to wait a while before hearing the results. All I knew was that the people who were taking the exams with me were intimidating in their sweater vests, pencil skirts, and business suits. I'm sure I didn't look nearly as impressive. Already I was the underdog in the competition.

"So, why did we come to Okinawa?" the twins asked. I was torn away from my thoughts about the exam. We stood on the beach with the others, looking out into the sparkling ocean. It was peaceful, but I didn't really have the time to enjoy it.

"Because Kyoya's family has a private beach here," Tamaki answered.

They said, "Yeah, but why couldn't we have gone..."

Hikaru finished, "... to the Caribbean?"

The younger twin continued, "Or even Fuji?"

"Do you think commoners like Haruhi and Azami have passports?" Kyoya asked them.

"Ah," the nodded, understandingly. I glared at the three.

"You do realize we can hear what you're saying, right?" Haruhi frowned. The twins shrugged.

I grumbled, "Why did I have to come anyways?" I knew I could ease up a bit on my studying, but taking a whole weekend? I couldn't afford that. I still had to keep up my grades. Trust me, I was ecstatic to be at the beach. I loved going there when my family could, which wasn't often. It just wasn't something I could do anymore.

Tamaki said, "This is a club trip, Azami. You're part of the club."

I narrowed my eyes, "What about those girls that came with us?" I glanced over at the group.

Kyoya smirked, "This is more of a business trip, I must admit. There's no reason we can't have fun and make money." Always the entrepreneur, I sighed silently. I rolled my eyes.

The club members went their separate ways, all except for the twins and I. They asked, "Where's your swimsuit?"

I told them, "Under my clothes." I was still wearing my shirt and shorts. I wasn't really planning on going into the water.

"Well, come on! Let's go swimming!" Kaoru rushed me.

"I'm not going," I said. I sat on a towel with an umbrella near it to keep me shaded and opened my messenger bag, taking out a textbook. "I have work to do." He snatched it from my hands and threw it in the sand. "What are you doing?! That was my biology book!"

Hikaru said as I scrambled for it, "You're at a private beach and you're just going to work?"

I wiped away sand, "Yes! I don't have that pleasure!" Suddenly, I was flustered. Of course, I didn't want to study. I wanted to play in the water with everyone else. It just didn't seem like something possible. I had standards to uphold.