Chapter 14

It was the next day, and we all sat in Music Room 3. Tamaki said, "I thought about it a lot last night, and maybe having a lady manager isn't such a bad idea."

"Why do you say that?" the twins asked, who clearly wasn't too happy about the arrangement.

"Well, it's fairly obvious, isn't it? Renge just transferred into the same class as Haruhi, so if Haruhi has a girlfriend around, it could bring out the female within her. Renge's girlish air of tenderness might be able to stimulate Haruhi's own sense of femininity," Tamaki explained.

"Good grief," Haruhi rolled her eyes.

"I'm still here, you know, and I am her sister. I'm pretty sure having another girl around won't make that happen. She's never been very girly," I frowned.

He told me, "Yes, but you aren't with her most of the day, and you aren't that girly yourself." I growled a little. "Now is our chance to help Haruhi get in touch with her feminine side. This is an important project, men and Azami." He pointed at the twins. "She doesn't have any friends in class right now except for these two shady twins. That's no good for her."

They raised an eyebrow at him, "Like you have room to talk."

The door opened and Renge walked in. She smiled, "Hey, everyone. You'd be happy to know that your new manager, Renge, has baked all of you some cookies!" She held up purple tissue paper with chocolate chip cookies inside.

Tamaki gushed, "Oh, isn't she lady-like? I'm so moved by your generosity."

She glared, "I didn't back these cookies for you, you phony prince." Tamaki sat facing a wall, depressed. I sighed. She said to Kyoya, "I'm sorry, I burnt them a little. I did the best I could. I already know what you're going to say."

Honey took one and started eating it, saying, "She wasn't kidding, these cookies are really burnt."

Mori told him, "Don't eat that, Mitsukuni. It's bad for you." Renge turned to them and hissed. She started chasing them around the room, making Honey cry of fear for her.

Haruhi, who had the cookies, ate one and commented, "They're not that bad at all. They've got a good flavor to them."

I bit into one and grimaced as a bitter flavor filled my mouth. Still, I swallowed. "Yeah, I guess, but they are making a mess. They're crumbling a lot."

She joked, "Like you could do better."

I narrowed my eyes, "Not everyone is great at baking, Haruhi!"

Hikaru walked over to Haruhi and asked, "May I try?" He took the cookie that was partially in her mouth and bit off of it. My eyes widened.

I was about to say something when Kaoru turned my head to him and said, "Uh oh, Azami. You have crumbs on your face." He licked the crumbs off the corner of my mouth. My face heated.

Tamaki started barking at them as I demanded, "Why did you do that? You could have just told me! That was unnecessary!"

"But it's more fun that way," he flirted. I grew redder.

"If you wanted to try one, there're plenty here," Haruhi told them.

Tamaki grabbed her by the shoulders and lectured, "That's not the way you're supposed to react, Haruhi! You have to stay strong and reject him, then casually brush him to the side. Do you understand?"

I exclaimed, "And you wonder why I'm so protective of you! You're so oblivious!"

Haruhi stated, "This is sexual harassment, senpai." I gaped at how she just completely ignored us.