Chapter 6

I told her to stay away from us. It was clear as day, what I said. No double-meaning. Nothing hidden between the lines. Impossible to misinterpret. What did Ayanokoji do the next day, though? Request Haruhi right after the incident. Honestly, how stupid could she be?

I just clicked my pen and glared at her. Haruhi wasn't sure what to do, since I had told her what happened between us. She said she believed me and thought Ayanokoji had thrown her bag into the water already, but wasn't sure if it was out of jealousy. That was fine. She didn't have to take her older sister's word. The one that was to become a therapist. Yeah, completely fine with me.

"It's rude to stare," Kyoya stated, glancing at me from the side.

I looked away from the two and apologized, "Sorry, I can't help it."

He said, "I understand your dislike for Ayanokoji, but it's best not to show it here. Bad for business."

I sighed, "I guess. And what do you mean by 'understand?'" He smirked as my eyebrows knitted together. What did he know?

I jumped when I heard someone scream and a large clatter. I looked over to Haruhi again. The table had been knocked over, breaking the fragile cups and glass vase of red roses. Tea, water, flower petals, and shards of the glass and porcelain scattered the floor. Ayanokoji was lying on the floor, Haruhi on top of her. "Haruhi!" I shouted, rushing over to them.

Ayanokoji yelled, "No, Haruhi, leave me alone! Somebody, help! He just attacked me! Someone, do something!" Everyone stared at them, and I wasn't too sure what was happening myself. I knew it was staged, but there was no reason for Ayanokoji to go that far.

Someone pulled me away quickly, and I realized it was Kaoru. He did it right before he and Hikaru poured pitchers of tea of them. She looked up and demanded, "Why would you do that?" They didn't answer.

Tamaki walked over and helped her stand as Haruhi continued to sit on the floor. A few of the customers and the rest of the members began to gather around. I stood next to Kaoru. "Do something, Tamaki. Haruhi just assaulted me," she said, her voice quivering like she might cry. Maybe she would. She was soaking wet, after all. Tamaki moved the damp strands of hair out of her eyes.

"I'm disappointed in you. You threw his bag into the pond, didn't you? And ruined Azami's only uniform?" Tamaki asked. I gasped. How did he know?

"You don't know that. Do you have any proof that I did that?" she countered, suddenly turning defensive. I smirked.

Tamaki began, "You know, you're a beautiful girl," I looked around at the other hosts. They all looked a bit angry. I almost laughed when I saw the twins sticking their tongues out at her, "but you aren't classy enough to be our guest, dear. If there's one thing I know, Haruhi is not that kind of man."

"Why, Tamaki? You idiot!" Ayanokoji yelled, running away crying. I watched as she left the Host Club, probably never to return.

Tamaki turned to Haruhi, "Hmm, now how am I going to punish you? Because it is your fault, after all." It wasn't her fault! She didn't do anything! He pointed at her, declaring, "Your quota is now one thousand!"