Chapter 11

The next day, the day before the physicals, I had to go back to the office to get my schedule straightened out. They said they would do everything they could, but they couldn't promise me anything. Haruhi was nice enough to come with me, though I thought it was more because she didn't want to go to the Host Club.

She had told me they didn't figure out how to get her through the physical. I wasn't sure what that was going to mean for us. I was fine with her finally being recognized as the correct gender, but at the same time, it was going to take even longer to get the debt paid off. Whatever made her happy, I would be okay with. I never thought it was fair for her to have to be a Host. We would do what we had to for the debt to be paid off no matter what.

We came to the room where the Host Club was held and she popped her head in, saying, "Hey, guys. Sorry we're so late."

Tamaki pulled her in by her shoulders. He looked very scared and nervous for some reason. "Don't you worry, Haruhi! We're determined to keep your secret. No one will find out you're really a girl during tomorrow's physical exams. So, please, promise you'll stay our beloved secret princess!"

My sister blinked, "Sure." I walked up beside her.

Tamaki and the others went over to a white board with what looked like... strategies on it? The top line read, "Operation: Conceal Haruhi's Gender." I groaned, "Oh dear."

"Listen up, squad members! At tomorrow's physical exams, position yourselves in formation A, and then, wait for your orders," Tamaki commanded.

"Yes, sir!" the twins said as Honey clapped.

Haruhi pounded her fist into her hand as she said, "I've got it. You guys are worried because if they find out I'm a girl, then I can't be a host and therefore repay my debt."

"You just figured that out? You're really smart, but you're really slow, Haruhi," I shook my head at her.

"How much do we still owe?" she mumbled to herself.

I supplied, "5,333,332 yen. I've been keeping track."

"Our balance is 5,333,332 yen... Well, guess I'll have to come up with another way to pay you back," Haruhi concluded, laughing.

I frowned, "I don't think it's funny. I guess we could always get jobs." Just one more thing to interfere with my studies, I mentally sighed.

Tamaki questioned, "Are you saying you hate being a Host? That you hate this club?"

"To be honest, I'd have to say yes," she answered. He gasped and turned white, sitting in a dark corner. He was depressed again. I wondered how often that happened...

Kaoru asked, "Well, what about you, Azami?"

I agreed, "I'm with Haruhi. You guys are great and all, but this isn't how I wanted to spend my time at Ouran."