Chapter 25

"Really?!" I squealed. It was three days into summer break. Haruhi and I had traveled to Karuizawa to get part-time jobs at a bed and breakfast owned by one of our father's friends who also used to work with him at the transvestite bar a few years back. Our dad was going away on business, and he was worried about us, so he had his friend take us in. Being employees were our compensation for our stay. We didn't mind.

It was very nice and quiet there. It wasn't very crowded besides some tourists looking to take in its beauty. The trees were covered in bright green leaves and the sky was always a shocking blue. It might have been a little warm, but it was summer, after all. The bed and breakfast itself was beautiful and fit into the scenery well. On the outside it was a stark white, very inviting, while the inside was very homey. I was enjoying my time there.

Of course, we hadn't told the Host Club about our whereabouts. I'm sure my dad had probably told Kyoya, though. We didn't want to deal with their antics. They wouldn't go all the way out there just to bother us, right? At least, that was our thought process. If we were lucky, they wouldn't even think about us.

I had been working in the dining room when Misuzu, the owner, told me my dad had called. I ran to pick it up when he said it was urgent.

"Yes! You're a finalist, Azami! You've been invited to tour the campus once the summer break is over! Congratulations! I'm so proud of you!" Dad yelled excitedly into the phone.

"I can't believe it!" I jumped up and down. I gasped. "I need to tell Haruhi! I'll talk to you later, Dad. Bye!" After he said goodbye, I ran out of the kitchen where the phone was and through the dining room. I found Haruhi outside hanging bedsheets out to dry on some clotheslines.

I was panting when I reached her. "Woah! Azami! What happened?" she asked, setting down the basket of laundry.

I caught my breath and smiled, "I'm a finalist! Dad just called and told me! After summer break, I'm going to tour the campus!"

"That's great, Azami! Congratulations!" she exclaimed, hugging me. When she pulled away, she told me, "We'll celebrate tonight, okay?"

"Okay!" I said, my smile getting wider. I was going to finally spend some time with my sister, too! I felt bad about ignoring her because of all of my studies, so it was the perfect opportunity. Things were really starting to look up.

Before they plummeted.

Suddenly, the wind picked up and started lashing at us violently. The sheets flew up into the air. "Haruhi! Azami!" someone said. That can't be, I denied. I looked up and saw a helicopter in the air. I made out six figures inside it, and knew it could be.

Tamaki yelled into a bullhorn, "Despair not! Daddy's come to save you!" It flew away and we stood there, shocked, as we watched it land.

I told her, "We should probably forget our plans for tonight." She nodded in agreement.

She started walking back to the bed and breakfast, and I asked, "Where are you going?"

"They can find their own way here," she answered. I shrugged and followed her.