Chapter 14

Sammy's POV

I arrive at Skates house to find the door wide open with the welcome mat folded over to one side. I run in he house in a panic for a reasonable explanation to why the front door was open.
After running threw the house like a maniac, I run out the door to find nothing. I sit on the steps up to his house holding my head in my hands. I turn my head to the side looking around the yard. I was about to turn away when I spotted something in between the house and the neighbours. I stood up and walked down the stairs.
Footprints in the grass.
Thank gawd it rained earlier tonight. But they were heading to the forested area behind the subdivision. I followed the footprints threw the trees.
After a few minutes, I walk out into a small meadow. But the footprints don't stop there. I continue into another thicket. My vision impaired at the time at night. Thanks to the full moon out I could still see somewhat.
Finally I came out from the forest onto old cracked pavement. I looked around. I was in the industrial area of town. I looked around at the warehouses and the shops.
I continued to follow the footprints. I began to think about Skate. What was he doing? What was he thinking? Was he hurt? Was this all a prank? Was he in danger?
Please be safe Skathan, please.

***
Skates POV

I open my eyes to a blinding light. I hear voices talking nearby. I squint to see who is there. My attempts are futile.
"Oh look who's awake." A male voice says. It sounds familiar. I just can't put a name on it.
"Well hello Skathan. How are you. You look a little beat up. Well, I'm sorry to say but, its not going to get better." The voice says again. It so familiar. A friend? Maybe. I can't tell.
"Don't worry , I know you don't recognize my voice so good. You'll know in time Nate" the familiar voice chuckled. Nate, who calls me that anymore?
Oh fuck. Not him. Please not him.
My mouth opens in shock.
"Ha, see guys he does remember me. He just can't see me at the moment" he chuckled darkly. The lights flicked off. My eyes adjusted to the darkness surrounding me.
I came face to face with him...
"Hello brother"

Omg shits about to go down! Lol its gunna get intense!!! Well Idk Fantasy and Maddie can decide that. Haha well I hope you all liked this chapter! So sorry it was short!
Please comment and vote.
Promo:
Instagram: @april_messam

Book description for The Ordinary Superhero:
By day, she is Jace Winters a straight A genius who never studies and wings her way threw school, but by fantasy she is a hopeless Robin, in search of the one, the one who will be her Batman, her Bruce Wayne.
Not only does her fellow peers find her to be the weird newcomer with a popular friend, but she is constantly tortured by the Riddler, Jayne Makintire, and she has to avoid her evil step father The Penguin, or also known as John. Will she find her Batman in time before the end of Senior year at her new high school? Will she have to fight her way threw without her crime fighting partner?
Or will she be left, a lone sidekick with no partner for the rest of her Senior year?

Hope you liked it! 

-Exy