It's Raining Cats and Dogs -Sne-kitty

Author Note: Okay so the title sucks, trust me I know. If you have any ideas for a title, tell me please!! I'm so sorry that this isn't our best work! Sorry to disappoint guys! We got the inspiration from the picture btw.

___________________________________________________

Your POV

Name]!" You heard Steve shout on your floor. 
      "Yeah?" You called back, pausing the show you were watching, Sherlock, on Netflix.
      Steve suddenly appeared at your door in his work out gear from training. "Have you seen my shield?" He asked, a strange panic in his voice.
      Knowing that Steve was one of the least likely of the Avengers to lose something, you couldn't help but raise an eyebrow. "You lost your shield?" You asked, not bothering to hide the surprise in your voice.
     Rubbing his neck, Steve nodded. "Clint, Natasha and I were practicing and I set it down to work on some hand to hand combat and when I turned around, it was gone!"    
     Sitting up a little more in bed, you asked, "Did you ask everyone?"
     The worry on Steve's face was starting to make you feel agitated as well. "Tony and Bruce are at some convention, and Loki and Thor haven't come back from Asgard yet,"
     You let a small sigh, "Don't remind me." You whispered in a hardly audible voice, but Steve kept talking.
     "And Clint and Nat were with me."
     Coming back to the conversation you asked, "What about Bucky?"
     "He was with us too," Steve ran his hands through his hair, pacing back and forth, obviously really upset about this. "Where could it be, [Name]?"
     "Don't worry, Steve," you assured, getting out of bed. "I'll help you look."
     "Thank you, [Name]." He gave a sigh of relief.
     "Where have you been today?" You asked, walking with him out of your room and to the elevator. "We'll retrace your steps."
     "Almost everywhere, unfortunately. That's the problem," his jaw tensed, as he tried to prevent his voice from raising.
     "Okay, calm down Steve." you had never seen him like this before, it was like Steve couldn't even function. "Steve we're going to find it, it's not like it got up and walked away."
     Steve took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. "You're right."
     Pushing the lobby button, the doors closing. You suggested an idea. "Let's start from the bottom of the tower and go up the floors until we find it. It might take a while, but you kinda need the shield."
     He nodded sorrowfully and the two of you went along with your plan until you were nearly halfway through the tower, still no sign of the shield.
    "We're never going to find it," Steve moaned, flopping into the couch in despair after searching for over an hour. "How could I have even lost something that big?"
     You bit your lip, feeling about ready to give up too. "Let's just check a few more floors," you tried to encourage but you didn't sound as enthusiastic as you could have been. "We'll find it."
     Steve sighed, obviously not agreeing with you but followed anyway.
     Walking into the elevator, you pressed the floor to where all the pets stayed.
     "No," Steve interrupted. "I know I didn't go there today, it was Bucky's turn to feed the pet's this morning."
     "I know, but now it's my turn," you reminded, then looked at Steve sheepishly. "Could you help?" He didn't seem so willing so you threw him a puppy dog face and a guilt trip for good measure. "After how much I've helped you? Pleaseeeee??"
     Finally he gave. "Alright," He sighed.
     "Yes!" You exclaimed just as the doors opened, "You get the right and I'll get the left side."
     "The right?" He repeated, hesitantly then groaned when you nodded.
     "What?" You asked reading his look.
     "Loki's cat is in the right side." He complained, a small whiny and almost scared tone to his voice.
      You looked at him for a moment then burst out laughing. "You're scared of the cat?!" You cracked up, realizing what he was so worried about.
      "I have a good reason to!" Steve stiffened, clearly upset. "That cat hates everyone except you and Loki!"
      "Oh come on, Steve," you rolled your eyes. "You're acting silly."
     "I'm serious, [Name]!" Steve defended himself.
     "Do you want me to go in there with you?" You teased, using a baby voice then laughed when he nodded with complete seriousness. You rolled your eyes. "I can't believe you can fight an army of aliens with no problem, but a cat freaks you out."
    "That cat is evil. I'm pretty sure it is an alien!"
     "Come on Steve!" You called, walking down the hall.
     "Where are you going?" He asked panicked
     "To get the food," you called behind you. "Just get his bowl you big baby, I'll be right there."
     Steve scowled at you but obeyed turning regretfully to Frost's door. he let out a small groan before opening the door hesitantly sticking his head in. "Frost?" He called softly, "Frost? Here kitty, kitty." He was about to call out again when something red, white and blue caught his eye.
      "My shield!" He exclaimed, forgetting all about the cat and walking over to his shield, calling behind him. "Hey [Name]! I found it!"
     He grinned, bending down to pick it up but froze when the shield suddenly slid to the left.
     "What?" Steve mumbled to himself. He turned and went to pick up the shield again, being more cautious, and watching it, but ended up yelping, falling to the ground when the shield bolted to its original position, tripping Steve in the process.
     Groaning, Steve started to get up but stopped, seeing the shield move just a little. He narrowed his eyes then lifted the shield up, only to scream when Frost, Loki's cat, jumped out from underneath it, arching it's back and hissing at him before running away, hiding under something.
     "Okay Steve," you said from the hall, "I found the foo-" you stopped short, seeing the shield. "Hey!" You exclaimed happily. "You found it!" Then did a double take of Steve sprawled out on the floor. "Um.... Why are you on the floor?"
     Rather than answering, Steve just groaned, flopping over on his back.
    "Meow?" A soft noise to your right came and you smiled seeing Frost peak out from under the dresser.
    You bent down opening your arms, calling to him. Frost happily raced into your arms, purring and nuzzling closer to you.
    "See, Steve," you hugged Frost. "He's just a little sweetheart." You turned around, holding Frosty over your shoulder like a baby and walking away.
   "Demon cat," Steve muttered.     
    Frost made a silent, menacing hiss to Steve, giving him an evil look before nuzzling you and purring to make a statement to him.

----------------------------------------------

AUTHOR NOTE: tell us what you think