Baby Babble - Cribs, Babysitting, Ribbons and a Mischievous Steve

Chapter Two: Cribs, Babysitting, Ribbons and a Mischievous Steve

Your POV

Happy finally arrived with cribs and supplies but after seeing that they were used, Tony made him go back and buy better stuff. Only after of course, Happy had set up everything. Happy glowered at him, as did you, before he went back to get two more beds, the other two having come from a non-refundable place.

Angry at Tony for throwing his money around, you gave him the responsibility of putting up the new cribs.

"You can build a suit of armor-" You told him with a smirk, "building a crib shouldn't be that hard."

Like you expected, it didn't go well.

Being his arrogant self, Tony took up the challenged. Tony had an incredibly hard time putting everything together with many curse words but no desperate pleas for help because he was too stubborn to ask. You were happy at his misery, you wanted to teach him a lesson and that was exactly what you were doing.

Tired of having to read the instructions, he made Jarvis tell him what to do, therefore you peeked in to see Jarvis giving Tony step by step directions.

"Place part F into slot H." Jarvis instructed.

"What about part G?" Tony demanded, holding up an odd part of the crib. "Doesn't G come next in the alphabet?"

"Yes sir," Jarvis answered patiently, "But G will be placed into the slot of B."

"That doesn't make any sense!" Tony shouted. "These instructions don't make sense. You know what? Screw it, I'm doin this my way."

Determined, and ignoring Jarvis' protesting, Tony stood and decided to put things where he thought they belonged.

Putting a hand over your mouth to stop the laugh, you silently exited the room, not making your presence known.

Nearly twenty minutes later, you heard Tony shout, "DONE!"

Hearing him, You and Nat smirked at each other, ready for the disaster. The rest of the Avengers working on other things, you and Natasha walked to the room.

Coming up at your side, Natasha laughed right away seeing the practically thrown together crib that looked as if it were going to fall over any minute. Yes it looked like an actually crib but it was shaking too bad to actually hold anything.

Tony scowled at her while you couldn't help the grin on your face.

"It's perfect." He argued. "I did a good job."

"Oh yes," Tasha agreed, striding forwards to the crib. "I would totally trust this holding my kid."

She flicked it with her nail and the whole thing crumpled to the ground. Tony looked like he was about to cry.

His face suddenly hardened and he snatched the instructions from you before storming back towards the crib and trying to rebuild it.

Natasha covered her mouth as the two of you left the room to watch a movie until Tony finished. An hour and a half later, Jarvis announced that Tony had finished.

"Alright," Nat stood up, slapping her knees. "Let's go see how bad it is now."

The left two of you giggled and talked until your words fell silent when you walked into the room. Tony was facing his creation with his hands on his hips, a triumphant grin on his face. When he heard you enter, he twirled around and extended his hand. "Told you I could do it!"

Quite honestly, you were surprised. What Tony had done actually looked pretty good. You were impressed. It actually looked like a crib. A really well put together crib.