It's Raining Cats and Dogs - Because Science

Chapter five: Because Science

Your POV

​Tony suddenly burst into the room, everyone jumping in surprise, then looked at a frantic Tony. "Pet Store. NOW!" He demanded.

​Everyone looked at each other weird, never guessing that Tony would ever say that. Tony hated all the pets, besides Bruce's fish (Wonder why). The pets could simply look at him and he'd glare at them and call them stupid. He wasn't abusive to the animals, he just hated them and everyone knew that, including the pets. Hearing Tony say that everyone needed to go to the pet store was like him saying that he was done with drinking- unthinkable.

​"Why?" Bucky asked, just as surprised as everyone else.

​The billionaire started to pace the room worriedly, ranting one hundred miles per hour. "Okay so you know how Bruce is gone, right?"

​"Uh... right." Nat answered, everyone knowing that Bruce had been gone for two weeks, spending some time helping out medically in Calcutta, and wouldn't be getting back until later today.

​Tony's fingers wrapped onto his hair, tugging slightly. "Well, before he left, he told me to feed his fish until he got back, right?"

"Yes..." You answered, then jumped when Tony suddenly was up in your face, his hands clamped onto your shoulders.

"I didn't!" He admitted shamefully. "I didn't feed them. But look, I didn't mean to kill it, I really didn't! I just got busy and-"

Steve cut him off, "You killed one of his fish!? Tony! You know how much Bruce loves those things! They're like family to him!"

"I know!" Tony whined, "Don't you think I know that? I didn't mean to! But," his voice lowered. "It..it gets worse."

"What could be worse than killing a member of Bruce's fish family?" Clint asked, meeting your eyes.

"Killing two members?" Tony muttered.

"You didn't!" You exclaimed.

"I did." Tony answered, his eyes shut tight. He then started to pace again, his hands making frantic gestures. "I screwed up, alright! I didn't mean to! I just forgot about them! Ah! I screwed up bad! He's going to kill me and he gets home tonight! So that's why I need to go to the pet store and get him two new fish. He'll never know the difference! Right?" He finished, looking at everyone hopefully.

Everyone glanced at each other doubtfully.

"Come on guys!" Tony pleaded. "I need your help! I can't do it alone!"

"You may be a pest," You said, starting to stand up, "But I don't think I could live without you. And if I know Bruce, if he finds out, Hulk will be unleashed on you. So I won't let you die."

"Nor I!" Thor boomed.

"Us either." Steve said, himself and Bucky standing.

"I probably could, but I'll do it for [Name]." Nat agreed halfheartedly.

"Without you Anthony, I don't believe I'd have myself a drinking partner, so I'm in." Loki smirked.

"Personally, I think it would be hilarious to have Stark be Hulk smashed..." Clint started, his expression looking like he very much enjoyed the image.

"Clint!" You scolded, knocking his feet off the chair they were resting on, making your brother almost fall off. You glared at him and he finally rolled his eyes.

"Fine. Whatever." He grumbled.

​"Thanks you guys!" Tony said, sounding sincere and really relieved. "I don't know what I would do without you guys. I would be completely screwed."