It's Raining Cats and Dogs - The Curse of Chatter Box

Chapter 3 Summary: Chatter Box likes to repeat what he hears. And the Avengers don't take crap from anyone, let alone a bird.

~One Week Later~

            The animals were settling in nicely and everyone seemed to bond really well with their pets. Each of the pets got their own room (Yes, the two fish even had their own rooms because Tony insisted.) The pets names were also on the door so you could tell which room belonged to who.

            Naming the pets wasn’t easy at first, but eventually everyone was able to find a name that suited them.

           Clint chose a childish name for the bird and called it Chatter Box. Thor named his female golden retriever Storm, Steve named the other female dog Liberty. Nat chose to name the ferret Alik, meaning defender in Russian. Bruce chose a common name for one of his fish, Betty; although, he wouldn’t tell why he chose that name. The other fish Bruce named Gamma, short for Gamma Radiation. He said that he needed to stop thinking of the incident as a bad thing and tried making it good by using the cause of what happened to him as a name.

           “Make it shut up!” Tony complained holding his ears, trying to block out the noise.

            “Shut up, shut up,” Chatter Box repeated, hopping around the cage, looking at Tony almost mockingly, knowing Tony hated it when he made noise and repeated him.

            You sighed, agreeing with Tony. The name that Clint choose for the bird matched its personality very well, a little too well. The bird made noise 24/7 and Tony, along with everyone save Clint, were sick of it/.

            “Tony, this is your fault to begin with,” You told him, petting Frost as he sat on your lap.

            “My fault?” Tony asked, sounding stunned as he sat up. “How in the living hell is this my fault!?”

            “You were the one that gave Clint permission,” Nat reminded Tony, closing her eyes and flinching as the bird made a loud squawk.

             Tony groaned and flopped on the couch, muttering curses as the bird continued to screech away.

             Clint walked in smiling as he pet Chatter Box on the head with his two fingers. “What a good bird,” He praised as the bird nuzzled against his hand.

            “A good bird!?” Tony exclaimed, his patience snapping. He jumped up and stomped towards the bird and Clint. “How about we have chicken tonight? We might actually get some peace and quiet for once! And we’d get dinner too! I’m going to kill that bird if it’s the last thing I do, Clint!”

             “Tony!” Pepper scolded, walking towards him and quickly grabbing his shoulders, leading him away before he could hit the bird and/or Clint.

            When the bird was safe from Tony’s clutches, it started to make a noise that almost sounded like laughing, causing Tony to bolt for it again. “You little-!” he started, acting as if he was going to wring its neck.

            The bird squeaked in fear and flew to the far edge of the cage, frightened. Lucky for it, Pepper once again stopped Tony, who continued to glare at the bird as he was led away.

            Once Tony was almost out of the room, the bird started to prance back and forth and squawk mockingly.

            Loki suddenly burst out laughing, everyone’s attention on him. Loki tried covering the laugh, but was doing so poorly.