Pumpkin Carving and Anger Issues (Crappy Halloween Special)

Summary: You convince the team that carving pumpkins would be a good idea. You may have bitten off more than you can chew, because the Asgardians have no idea what pumpkin carving is. Get ready for an angry Bruce, a confused Thor and a jealous Loki.

“Unless you’re trying to kill someone, I don’t think all those knives will help with whatever you’re doing,” Bucky snarked as he entered the room. You had just carefully placed the last set of knives onto the plastic covered tables when the rest of the team filtered into the room.

    “Oh perfect. You guys are all in time,” You said as you noticed everyone. “Can you all go over to the counter and pick a pumpkin?”

“Why?” Loki asked, pulling out a chair and sitting in it. He looked at you oddly as both he and Thor didn’t understand that you were implying that everyone was going to carve a pumpkin.  

“We’re going to carve pumpkins,” You explained, picking one up from the the counter and setting it in front of your seat.

Both the Asgardians looked at you weird, but chose a pumpkin, nonetheless.

    Everyone started to clean the inside of the pumpkin since they all knew what to do, but you had to explain and demonstrate how to gut the pumpkin to Thor and Loki. After you had explained what to do, both of the Gods looked at you strangely.

“I do not understand why we must cut these pumpkins,” Thor voiced his confusion aloud. He stared at the pumpkin then looked at everyone that was cutting into theirs.

“It’s a Halloween tradition,” Nat explained from her spot of the recliner couch next to Tony who was also sitting it out.

“You Midgardians have many strange traditions,” Loki noted, clearly showing signs of boredom. “There is absolutely no point to your silly ‘traditions’.”

“We could say the same thing about your traditions, Reindeer Games,” Tony responded, receiving a glare from Loki upon hearing the nickname. “Traditions are something you just do them without question,” The billionaire stated. “They’re important, especially when you get something out of it, like presents on Christmas.”

“If they are so important, then why are you not participating in them, Anthony?”

“Excuse me? I’m supervising,” Tony responded sassily, ignoring being called by his given name and instead putting his hands behind his head while kicking his feet up on the table.

Loki rolled his eyes at Tony then turned his gaze to you when you spoke. “There are lots of stories about why we carve pumpkins,” You explained, reaching into your pumpkin to pull the contents out. “I’ve heard everything from warding off evil spirits to carving deceased people’s faces into the pumpkin as a sign of respect. After a while though, the reason gets lost.”  You noticed that Loki still looked bored so you added, “Although, some people would place the pumpkins in their window as a form of mischief.”

That sparked Loki’s interest as he turned to look at the orange object in front of him with new eyes; his green orbs glowing with a mischievous gleam. He smirked, loving the fact that his favorite pastime was, in a sense, worshipped as a yearly tradition. You could hardly imagine how excited he would be when you would tell him about April Fools day. Not only does April Fools day revolve around causing tricks and mischief, but the color green is also highly involved.

A small smile grew on your face as Loki started to slice the pumpkins top off, his lines completely straight and even as Loki was one of the biggest perfectionist that you knew.

Looking over at Tony you couldn’t help but feel upset that he had refused to touch the pumpkins from the very beginning. Carving pumpkins with Clint was one of your most fondest memories and it made you sad that Nat and Tony wouldn’t join in.