Christmastizing the Avengers (Christmas Special)

Summary: With Christmas literally around the corner, you decide to help the Avengers get into the holiday mood. Which may be harder than it looks
_______________________________________________________________________________

Reader POV

        You hummed along to the festive music playing in your room. Christmas was one of your favorite holidays. All of the joy and kindness that flowed through everyone gave you new energy. The lights always brightened the nights. When you were still working as an agent for SHIELD, Christmas was the only holiday that Clint and you had off, guaranteed. SHIELD tried to give all of the agents holidays off, but most of the time, it seemed that the major holiday breaks were always canceled and both of you were called in. Christmas was the holiday that you knew you would have a break. You had fond memories with you and your brother on Christmas. When both of you were younger, your family didn’t have enough money for Christmas so the holiday was never existent at your house.  No lights, no decorations, no presents, no nothing. Therefore, when you and Clint were old enough with money, you always seemed to go overboard with Christmas because of the lack of it when you were a kid. You tried to make up all the years that you had lost. Surprisingly, you cared more about the decorations, the singing, and the lights more than the presents, unlike Clint.

        Hence the reason your floor looked like the holiday itself had thrown up in your room. Wreaths covered doors, lights circled around windows, and ornaments and boughs graced the walls. Nothing could match your holiday spirit.

        Glancing at the clock, you watched the numbers blink over to 12:00 am.

        Sighing, you fell over onto the bed. How could you help the others to get into the holiday spirit? They tolerated, at most, your obsessive euphoria.

        You glanced over side of your bed. There was an extra strand of lights sitting on the ground. An idea popped into your head. Whipping your head around to look at the clock again, you found it was 12:03. Clint should be asleep- actually everyone should be sleeping. Maybe not Tony, but for the most part everyone should be asleep.

        Grabbing the lights and creeping through the tower, you quietly snuck into Clint's room. Hearing the door squeak, you cringed, holding your breath as you looked over to find him sleeping soundly still. Releasing a breath of relief, you continued on your way into his room. You glanced around, looking for his precious bow and quiver filled with his arrows.

        Quietly, you crept over to the bed to find Clint grasping onto them, his grip like steel. Some people slept with a teddy bear, but your brother slept with his weapon as if it was a plush toy. This was going to be a challenge.

        If you wanted this to work, you couldn't pull the weapon away from him. That would either wake him up, cause him to panic, or attempt to kill you for taking his beloved bow. Guess you had to do this with him clutching the bow and arrows.

        You plugged the lights in, making sure you'd have enough strand to still see the twinkle of the purple orbs. Carefully, you gently pulled the strand underneath Clint's neck. With him sleeping on his side, it made it a little more challenging to complete your mission. But using what skills you did have, you managed to wrap the entire strand around him and his weapon.

        Proudly, you stepped back to admire your handiwork, Clint stirred, causing you to jump and run to the door. Deciding you better leave, you closed the door and ran down the steps It was only 12:20, and you were still bursting with excitement. By why stop at Clint? You had the rest of the Avengers team to 'Christmastize'.

        Grabbing the tape and ornaments, you crept into Loki's room. Opening the door and peeking inside, you saw him tense up, but then soon relax. Figuring he was still asleep, you jumped in and leaned against the door, closing it softly. Breathing out a sigh of relief, you turned your head toward the God of mischief, taking in his appearance. The covers were tangled in between his legs, making it hard to see his comfortable black pants, but gave you a clear view of his shirtless chest. You felt your cheeks heat up into a blush once you realized you were staring.