It's Raining Cats and Dogs - Where's Bucky?

Chapter One Summary: It’s been weeks since anything exciting has happened. The team decides to tag along with you as you go to volunteer at the pet shelter. What happens when Bucky disappears?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Where’s Bucky?      
        “I’m leaving!” You yell over your shoulder before you walk into the elevator.  Right before the doors close however, Tony’s hand manages to wedge its way in-between the doors, making it open again.
        “Where are you going?” He asks, confused.
        “The Animal Shelter. I volunteer there, remember?”
        Tony scrunches his face up. “But you already work for us.”
        You heave a sigh. “Just because I volunteer there, doesn’t mean I don’t work for you guys anymore, Tony. I’m off work right now so I’m giving back to the community.” You say, already annoyed with him for the day. During the time that you had volunteered at the shelter you probably had told Tony a million times, but he still managed to not remember and remind you that you worked for him.
        Before the elevator doors shut again, Tony suddenly grabbed your wrist and jerked you out of the elevator, the doors closing before you could jump back in them.
        “Hey!” You yell at him.
        “What if I need you to do something for us?” Tony asked quickly, his voice panicked as if you were walking out of the job forever.
        You roll you [Eye Color] eyes. “Then you can call me on my cellphone or ask Jarvis. Now can I please go?”
        “Go where?” Loki asks curiously, appearing from around the corner.
        As soon as you hear his smooth accent, you bite your lip, your stomach flipping.
        Your crush on Loki was getting bad. It started as a simple “I think he’s cute” but now it was getting really, really bad. You were at the point of, “I have a huge crush on you.” And that was bad. Everyone would think you were crazy for liking him so you couldn’t even tell anyone, not even your best friend Natasha or your brother Clint. Wait; scratch that, definitely not your brother. He’d probably kill the both of you.
        When you first started to like Loki, you thought it would be easy to hide it from everyone, and it was. The more time that went on however, the harder it was to hide it from everyone. So far you had been doing an amazing job because no one had a clue about your crush, but as you grew to like him more and more it was getting harder to hide it.
        “T-the Animal Shelter. I-I’ve just got to go check on a few things there,” You answered, cursing yourself for stuttering.
Out of the corner of your eye, you thought you saw Tony give a knowing smirk but it was gone before you could determine if you had really seen it or not.
        “What is this ‘Shelter of Animals’ you speak of?” Thor asked from the couch where Steve, Bucky and Nat were watching TV. 
        “It’s where homeless, abused, unwanted, lost or abandoned animals go.” You explained. “The Shelter takes care of them and lets people adopt them to give them a new home where they can be loved.” When you said mentioned people adopting the animals, you noticed that Loki stiffened and you gave him a worried look but he wouldn’t move his eyes off the floor to meet yours so you gave up and looked back at Thor.
        Thor grinned. “I would like to see this place,” He boomed.
        You couldn’t help your eyebrows raise in surprise. “Uhh… sure. If you want you can come with me.”
        “May I come as well?” Loki asked, his eyes moving from the floor to lock his emerald green eyes on your [Eye Color] ones.
        You swallowed a lump in your throat from the intensity of his eyes. “I-If you want,” You managed to say.
         “I want to come too,” Nat announced, standing up and stretching. “I’m tired of being cramped up in this tower.”
        “If you guys want to come we have to leave now,” You glanced at your watch worriedly. “Cuz I’m going to be late,” Your eyes looked back up at everyone again. “So who wants to come?”
        Clint spoke up from the table that he and Bruce were sitting at. “I’ve got nothing better to do,” He shrugged.
        You nodded your head at him, acknowledging that he wanted to go.
         “I want to go,” Bucky said, piping into the conversation.
        “What about you Bruce?” You asked, your eyes sliding to the scientist that was working at the table and furiously scribbling something on a piece of paper.
        Bruce scrunched his eyes up, staring so intently at the paper in front of him that you wondered if he even heard you until he sighed and took of his glasses. He pinched the bridge of his nose trying to clear his head before he answered. “My formula’s not working so maybe if I take a break then I can come back later and work on it. So I’ll come.”
        “Cool,” You smiled then looked around. “Anyone else?” Slowly your eyes turned to Tony.
        “Oh no. I am not coming and neither is anyone else!” Tony exclaimed. “If we go to that dang place then we’re going to come home with some stupid animal. I am not having a dumb pet mess up things in the tower. ”
        That seemed to damper everyone’s mood.
        “For once I agree with Tony,” Steve said, standing up, his face serious. “If we go, we’re going to end up bringing something home with us.”
        “Come on Steve,” Clint said, rolling his eyes. “We’re not going to bring anything home. Everyone needs to just get out of the house for a little bit. That’s all.”
        Steve opened his mouth to argue but hesitated, realizing that Clint was right. All of us had been cooped up in the Avengers Tower for over 2 weeks, hardly ever leaving except for the essentials. He closed his mouth then looked at Tony with a ‘he’s got a point’ look.
        Tony gave a very immature eye roll. “Fine,” He groaned then halfheartedly said, “Everyone pile up in the limo.” 
        You smiled and pressed the elevator button having it open with a ding.
        Luckily the elevator was really large so everyone pilled in and headed outside to meet Happy, Tony’s personal chauffeur, bodyguard and one of Tony’s closest friends.
        Everyone didn’t have to wait long until Happy parked the black limo outside and you all pilled in. Tony and Happy switched seats so Happy was in the passenger seat and Tony was in the driver’s seat. The car wouldn’t move until Happy and Tony made the switch. It was a strange habit of Tony’s. He would never let anyone else drive for him and he never told anyone why, it was just something that everyone accepted.
        Once you finally got there, you rushed out of the car and quickly ran in, already 15 minutes late from the traffic. When you walked in you hurried through the doors, your breathing heavy as you starting ranting how sorry you were. “I’m so sorry, Lucy!” You apologized hastily as soon as you saw your boss that took care of the shelter. “I tried to get here faster but Tony wouldn’t let me leave, then everyone else wanted to come-” You started to ramble and Lucy gave a loud, good-natured laugh.
        “Oh [Name]! You act like I’m going to force you to never come back for being late!” Lucy laughed. “As if I’d let my best worker go! Stop your silly apologies, I know how busy your life is, it’s perfectly fine!”
        You smiled at her, thankful for her happy and easy going attitude. Lucy was the sweetest and most understanding lady that you had ever met. She was an older lady with short brown hair and green eyes as well as a fun and adventurous personality that should have been put in a teenager’s body. Her and her husband, who were in their mid-40’s, worked the shelter and were like your second parents. They had adopted you and Clint right away when they first met the both of you since they didn’t have any kids as their own. Lucy and Dan, her husband, were always such a breath of fresh air to you, and were always really nice to have close by since your real parents lived in [Somewhere far away from New York].  You could count on Lucy and Dan for anything. If you needed to talk to someone, they were always the first people that you would call if you couldn’t reach your parents.
        “Thanks, Lucy,” You said relieved. Even though Lucy was really sweet and forgiving, you were still worried about being kicked out of the shelter as a volunteer. You really loved working at the shelter and if you couldn’t come back to help, it really would tear a hole in your heart. 
Lucy smiled kindly at you then swiveled her eyes to the door where everyone was walking in. You spun around to face everyone, Steve speaking. “Now remember guys. We are not here to get a pet. We’re only here to look around and get away from the tower,” He reminded everyone before looking up to meet Lucy’s smiling face.
        “Why hello,” She welcomed warmly. “What can I do for you today?”
        “Oh they’re with me, Lucy,” You explained and she raised a slender brown eyebrow, urging you to continue. “These are the Avengers,”         You said, gesturing to your friends and smiling, pleased by her surprised reaction.
        “So you’re the ones that [Name] works for,” Lucy eyes brightened, excided that she was finally being able to meet the people that you worked for. Her eyes looked at everyone then stopped on your brother. “Clint!” She exclaimed. “I didn’t even recognize you! How have you been?”
        Clint smiled, “I’ve been doing great Lucy thanks. How about you?”
        “Not very good seeing as you don’t visit me anymore,” She told him, eyeing him accusingly while he laughed.
        “I promise to do better, Lucy.”
        “Good,” Lucy said, a small smile on her lips from teasing him. Her face then broke out into a full on smile as she looked at everyone else.         “Clint and [Name] I know, but I’m afraid I don’t know much about the rest of you besides you saving New York and [Name] working for you guys,” She said, feeling guilty that she really didn’t know much about them.
        “You have to know who I am,” Tony cockily said, stepping forwards.
        Lucy looked at Tony sheepishly. “Afraid not. Sorry,” She apologized.
        The look on Tony’s face from hearing that she didn’t know who he was, almost made you laugh aloud but instead you introduced everyone from farthest away from you. “This is Tony, Loki, -you already know Clint-, Bruce, Bucky, Natasha, Thor, and Steve.”
        Everyone smiled and waved while Steve nodded his head, “How are you doing ma’am?”
        “Very well thank you,” She smiled brightly back then scanned over the Avengers, going through their names in her head before gesturing to the back door and saying, “You’re welcome to take a look around,” She met your eyes. “Would you mind showing them around?”
        “Sure thing,” You nodded then walked to the back doors, everyone following after you.
        Immediately after the doors swung open, the familiar noises from both cats and dogs could be heard.
        “They sure like to speak,” Loki noted, his eyes scrunched up as if he was trying to understand the animal language. Only later, you realize he wasn’t speaking figuratively, but literally.
        You nodded, agreeing with his words before gathering everyone together. You told them the layout of the place then sent everyone to explore before Steve gave another stern reminder and being very clear that you weren’t there to get a dog or any other pet. Once everyone knew where everything was and heard Steve’s reminder, they spread out.
        You thought that everyone else had left so you were startled when someone tapped your shoulder.
        “Sorry, [Name],” Bruce apologized. “I just…” He looked awkwardly at the floor. “I was wondering if I could just stick with you, if that was alright.”
        “Of course,” You answered, “I’m just going to go and check on some of the pets. Do you want to come with?”
        He nodded and you led him down a long hallway until you stopped in front of a sick cat’s kennel. You bent down and pet the small frail thing on the head with your fingers through the kennel. “This little guy is one of our most recent animals that were brought in,” You explained sadly to Bruce as he bent down next to you. “He won’t eat his food or walk around at all and we have no idea why. We’ve tried everything, but without knowing what’s wrong with him, we can’t treat him,” You gave a painful sigh. “If we don’t find out what wrong with him soon, he’s going to have to be put down.”
        Bruce’s eyes furrowed at the animal in concentration and took his glasses out from his chest pocket, putting them on and examining the cat. “When did you bring him in?”
        “Uh… about 4 days ago I think.”
         “Have you noticed any scratches on him?”
        “Scratches?”
        Bruce nodded then explained. “If he has a scratch somewhere, it can get infected and cause the cat to be in a lot of pain. So much so that he doesn’t want to move or eat. What about water? Does he drink?”
        You nodded. “He drinks but he doesn’t like to get up unless he has to. No eating though.”
        “Hmm…That would rule out what I was thinking then,” The scientist tapped his chin in thought then turned to look at you. “Is he sensitive anywhere on his body?”
        “I don’t think so,” You said slowly, trying to remember anything then suddenly you snapped your fingers. “He doesn’t like you to touch near his face. Milo- that’s his name- he’s fine if you touch the top of his head gently, but he doesn’t like you to touch near his face.”
        “Have you checked his teeth?”
        “No. Why?”
        “He could have a toothache,” Bruce explained.  “The cat- er- Milo wouldn’t want to eat because it would hurt his tooth. He’d have the natural instinct to drink though so he could still do that without hurting his tooth. When a cat is in a lot of pain, they don’t like to move because moving can make the pain increase tremendously. From what you’ve told me, he probably has something wrong with his teeth.”
“Now why didn’t I think of that?” Lucy exclaimed, making both you and Bruce jump, not knowing that she had snuck up behind you. “[Name], why don’t you go take Milo to the exam room? Dan is in there and he can take a look at Milo’s teeth. I’ll be there in a minute.”
You nodded obediently then opened the kennel and gently took Milo out before carefully walking towards the exam room. Lucy joined you soon as well as Bruce where you all found out that Milo had a cracked tooth. Dan wrote down the correct treatments and medicine to help Milo then send the cat back off to his cage until they got the medicine.
        Lucy took Milo in her arms to take him back, but strangely called to Bruce. “Would you mind walking with me?” She asked him.
        Bruce looked surprised but nodded his head while she smiled and led him out of the exam room and down the hall.
        When Bruce came back and met you in front of the exam room, where you were talking to Dan, he had a huge smile on his face. “What happened to you?” You asked, laughing slightly from seeing Bruce looking so happy.
        “Lucy offered me a small part time job here to help with the sick animals and give checkups for them. She was impressed with how I treated Milo and wants my help more. This is finally going to be my chance to help living things again [Name]!” He exclaimed excitedly, sounding like a kid at Disneyland for the first time.
        “I’m happy for you, Bruce,” You smiled and he nodded his thanks then thanked Lucy and Dan for the job before you guys went to meet up with everyone else. Bruce told everyone the good news before you noticed someone was missing.
        “Where’s Bucky?” You ask, frowning.
        “He was just with me!” Steve said, turning around and looked around for Bucky. “I thought he was following me!”
        “This place is huge!” Tony complained. “How are we supposed to find him?”
        “We could split up?” Nat offered. “Go in teams of twos?”
        “We’ll help too,” Lucy spoke up. “He couldn’t have gone too far.”
        “Thanks guys,” You told them then turned to everyone else. “Alright, everyone team up.”
        “I’m going with Bruce,” Tony immediately announced and quickly pulled the still smiling man away.
        “Brother Barton would you care to go with me?” Thor asked and Clint shrugged before heading off with Thor down the halls.
        “I’ll go with Lo-” You started but your words were drowned out as Steve loudly said.
        “[Name] and I will team up.”
        You couldn’t help but feel disappointed, your face dropping slightly. You were looking forward to teaming up with Loki but it didn’t matter now. Forcing a smile you tried not to spit out the words bitterly, but instead sounded normal when you said, “Then it looks like Loki and Nat will be a team.” Thank the Heavens for your SHIELD training or you could never pull that off.
        Steve started down a hall and you sighed before following along, giving one last look at Loki and Natasha who were walking the opposite direction. You sighed as your hopefulness was crushed with being a team with Loki. Turning your head back, you jogged after Steve to catch up to him.

        After looking for a while, there was a cross road, each a dead end at the end of the hall so you and Steve decided to each take a hall and go down it to see if Bucky was there. Steve went left while you went right, wandering the long and twisted hall way.
        Over at the end of the hallway, you stop walking, putting your hands on your hips and having to stare at the sight in front of you.
        Bucky had a half smile on his face while he was playing with a three legged Rottweiler puppy in its large kennel, the dog barking happily.
        You walked closer to Bucky, a small smile on your face as you watched him play with the puppy. He heard your footprints and turned to look at you, his face blank with the smile completely gone before he looked back and the puppy and started to play with him again, the smile returning.
        “I see you found a friend,” You grinned.
        Bucky’s lips twitched up and he nodded then frowned as if he realized something. “What does the date on the wall mean?”
        Hearing his words you winced.
        “It- it uh means that if that animal isn’t adopted by that date then…” You swallowed the painful lump in your throat. “They have to be put down,” The last sentence was in a hushed voice but Bucky still heard.
        “What does it mean to be ‘put down’?” he asked innocently as he scratched the Rottweiler’s stomach.
        You had to close your eyes from his question. Seeing how attached that Bucky had already gotten to the dog, and that the puppy’s date was tomorrow, was almost as painful as someone punching you in the gut.
        Swallowing, you tried to answer gently in the best way you could. “When a dog can’t be cared for anymore or i-is sick,” You explained, your voice quivering slightly. “They have to be put down. When a dog is put down it means that they….well it’s a nice way to p-put the dog to sleep,” You sighed, not feeling like you were doing a good job. Bucky didn’t know what putting a dog to sleep was either. You tried again, your voice quiet and laced with pain. “When a dog is put to sleep it’s a….a peaceful way to kill the dog.”
        You couldn’t meet Bucky’s eyes when he turned to you quickly after hearing that the dog would be killed, but you didn’t have to look at him to know his face was filled with horror upon hearing something so horrible.
        Having to put some of the animals in the shelter down was the worst part about volunteering there. It was painful to think that a sweet animal had to die because no one knew that he or she needed a home.
        Bucky turned and looked at the puppy in a new way, not with playfulness but with pain. “W-why isn’t he getting adopted?” Bucky finally managed to ask.
        “His leg,” You answered sorrowfully. “People don’t want a dog with a limb missing. They want dogs with four legs, n-not three.”
Upon hearing what you had to say, Bucky lifted up his own metal arm, thinking of his own limb that was taken from him. The similarity between the rottie and Bucky just hurt your heart even more. Bucky was missing his left arm while the poor puppy was missing his front left leg.
        You heard Steve’s feet on the floor as he came jogging towards you. “Hey did you find Buc….” His voice trailed off when he saw Bucky playing with the puppy, his mood depressing and motions sad.
        Bucky heard Steve coming and looked up at Steve then back at the dog, not talking for a really long time. “He’s going to be put down soon,” He finally said, his voice soft and laced with pain. “No one will adopt him because he only has three legs,” Bucky then looked back up at Steve and you, his eyes shimmering with unshed tears. “Why does he have to get put down? What did he do wrong? It wasn’t his fault he lost his leg.”
        No one really noticed everyone else join up just before Bucky started to talk because they paused and stayed silent when they saw what was happening.
        “We can’t take him home, Buck,” Steve said halfheartedly, not being able to look at the puppy and his best friend without feeling guilty.
        “Why not?” Bucky asked, still looking at the puppy. “Doesn’t he deserve another chance?” Bucky continued. “You guys gave Loki and me a second chance, how come he doesn’t get one?”
        You closed your eyes and look away, the emotion feeling like it was a boulder crushing you beneath its weight. Biting your lip, you turned to Tony and looked at him pleadingly but Tony wasn’t the one that needed convincing as he was already nodding his head, ready to adopt the puppy. Steve was the one that was still not giving in.
        Finally Steve looked at the pair then back at Tony nodding. He sighed muttering, “Gosh dangit.” Under his breath before saying softly, yet loud enough for everyone to hear. “Alright Bucky… we can… we can take him home.”
        Bucky’s expression immediately brightened and he smiled at Steve before turning to the puppy and scratching his head enthusiastically. “You want to come to a new home, buddy?”
        The dog barked and you smiled before turning back to look at everyone.
        “Wait a second,” Tony shook his head, waving his hands in a ‘hold on’ gesture. “Where would we put him? He is not coming on the main level where we live.”
        “We have the extra level right below the main one,” Natasha pointed out.
        “Yeah, we could fix it up and have the dog live down there.” Clint agreed.
        Tony opened his mouth then closed it again before finally nodding, sketching out a plan in his head for the floor. “Yeah okay, I can see that. Maybe we could add some fake grass in one of the rooms since we don’t have a backyard, the dog would have to have a play room of course…” He starting to walk away, muttering things to add to the floor while you smiled at him and rolled your eyes playfully before following after him.
        “How long does it take to adopt this ‘pet’?” Thor asked, his voice louder than all the dogs barking as you walked past.
        You shrugged, “It really depends. We can have Lucy and Dan keep the dog for a while until we get everything settled for where he’s going to live, then after we sign the papers, he can come home with us.”
            Thor nodded as everyone continued walking, a bright smile still on Bucky’s face. You glanced back behind your shoulder quickly then looked ahead but you turned your head back immediately when you noticed that Loki had trailed off from the group and was standing a few yards away. “Loki?” You asked before you walk towards him and stand next to him, eyeing the pure black cat sitting in the cage in front of him.
        “Who is this?” Loki asked.
          Immediately your cheeks flush a dark red, remembering that, since the kitten didn’t come to the shelter with a name, you named the cat Loki because of how much mischief it could make in a matter of seconds. Coughing, you responded. “He doesn’t have one.”
        Loki furrowed his eyebrows at the cat and you could feel a weight lift off your chest because Loki didn’t call out your lie. He always knew when you lied, but thankfully he didn’t push you on this one. Maybe it was because it wasn’t a true lie. He really didn’t have one when he first got here.
        “Why are there two dates on this cage?” Loki asked curiously. “You said that they are there for when the animal would be killed, but I only see one animal.” His eyes met yours at the last few words. 
        “He had another brother.” You explained remembering the ginger cat that you had named Thor because of how long the kitten’s hair was as well as being the black kitten’s brother. It seemed fit to name the cats after the two Gods.  “His brother got adopted already, but…” You turned your gaze on the cat in the cage. “He didn’t. No one wanted him.”
        The God of Mischief and Lies held a sympathetic look on his face, staring intently at the cat. “I want him,” Loki said firmly.
        “You do?” You asked, not being able to hear the surprised laced in your voice. Even though that Loki had finally come to accept the human culture, he still didn’t enjoy some elements.
        He nodded. “I do.”
        “Then you’ll have to talk to Tony and Steve then,” You told him and he nodded, agreeing.
         “We should leave now,” He recommended, “They will leave us behind.” To have you hurry faster, Loki grasped your hand and pulled you down the hall quickly until you caught up with the Avengers who were just exciting the caging area.
        As soon as Loki grabbed your hand, you starting to freak out. Your cheeks flushed, your breathing increased and your mind raced. When you both caught up to them, instead of immediately letting go of your hand, Loki let his fingers linger slightly then finally released you.         Immediately after his hand left yours, you brought your hand to your chest, biting your lip and not being able to believe what happened.
        Did he mean do to that? You asked yourself then quickly scolded yourself for thinking that way. Loki only liked you as a friend, he wouldn’t have a crush on you like you did him. He just wanted to get there faster and have you go quickly as well.
        “[Name]? [Name]?” Lucy asked, waving her hand in front of you to snap you out of your thoughts.
        You blinked, flinching back slightly then returned back from the clouds. “What?”
        Lucy laughed slightly. “I asked if you guys needed anything.”
        “Oh yeah well actually Lucy, we wanted to adopt two pets.”
        “Two?” Tony suddenly cut in.
        You nodded at Tony then repeated, “Two. The black cat in hall A and the three legged Rottweiler in hall G.”
        “That’s wonderful!” Lucy exclaimed and clasped her hands together. “I’m so happy that they’ll finally have good homes! When do you want to do the paperwork, sweetie?”
        “I was wondering if you could hold them for a little bit, if that was alright. We didn’t think we were going to get any pets so we still need to get all the supplies.”
        “Of course that’s alright!” She smiled. “You guys take your time in getting what you need. They will be right here.”
            “Thanks Lucy.” You smiled.
        “We really do need to get going though,” Clint said, glancing at his watch, the rest of the Avengers nodding.
        “Alright I will see you all of you later when you come to pick up the dog and cat. And Clint?” She said sternly, his head turning towards her. “You had better come too.”
        He laughed then nodded, assuring Lucy he’d stop by.
        Everyone said their goodbyes and started walking away, Tony asking Loki what the hell you were talking about when you said two pets while Loki explained, but Lucy stopped you. “[Name]? Could you come here real fast? I need to talk to you.”
        “Yeah sure,” You nodded then told everyone you would be a few minutes and jogged back to the counter where Lucy was sitting at. Once the doors shut, everyone out of the building, Lucy turned to you, her hands on her hips, looking at you with such disappointment you tilted your head, confused on what you did. 
        “I cannot believe you didn’t tell me,” She said, sternly.
        “Tell you what?” You asked, still confused.
        “That you liked that Loki fella!”  She exclaimed, her disappointment leaving into a smile but your eyes widening in panic.
“I don’t like him,” You tried to say with your voice level and your arms crossed over your chest.
        “Oh that’s cute honey,” Lucy laughed, “But honestly? You think that I don’t know you [Name]? When you introduced everyone and said his name, you blushed! Everyone else was normal.”
        You choked, not knowing your crush was so obvious. 
        “Oh no darling,” Lucy assured, seeing the panic clearly written on your face. “No one would have noticed except me. Just because I don’t have any kids of my own doesn’t mean I don’t have a mother’s eye,” She winked. “And you know, I had always wondered why you wanted to name that cat Loki but now it makes total sense!”
        “Please don’t tell anyone, Lucy!” You begged, your heart racing in your chest.
        “Why would I?” She laughed, “I promise I won’t tell but I have one question that you have to answer before I promise.”
        Nodding fiercely you said, “Anything.”
        Slowly a teasing and flirtatious smirk traced its way on Lucy’s lips. “When are you going to tell that young man that you fancy him?”
        You gasped. “Never!” You said horrified.
        “And why not?” Lucy asked you sassily, her hands back on her hips.
        “Because he doesn’t like me in that way!” You said exasperated.  “Plus everyone would think I was nuts for liking the man that tore up New York City!”
        “I don’t,” Lucy said, her face serious then she gave one of her ‘what am I going to do with this kid?’ sighs when you gave her a strange look, asking if she was kidding. “[Name], everyone deserves a second chance. From what I’ve heard, most of the people of New York have accepted him as a hero. He’s saved New York more times than he’s tried to destroy it.”
        You opened your mouth to argue but sighed, realizing she was right.  New York had been threatened many times and each time, Loki was saving it right along with the rest of the Avengers, helping the Avengers get out of tough spots. In a lot of cases, if it weren’t for Loki, New York wouldn’t be safe. It might have been in ruins without his help with so many people trying to destroy it or take it over.
        A car horn went off three times, telling you that Tony was getting impatient of waiting.
        “I-I have to go,” You said then started towards the door but Lucy stopped you again.
        “[Name],” She said, her voice soft and motherly. “Think about what I said okay?”
        You hesitated before giving  her a soft nod then slipped out the doors to the car, her words following you the whole way there and the whole way back home. You knew that people had forgiven Loki but you still weren’t sure about the Avengers. Sure they worked with him, but that didn’t necessarily mean that they forgave him completely or trusted him. You were afraid that they would judge you for liking him and that they would kick you out if they ever found out. Having a crush on Loki was embarrassing. If Clint ever found out…it would be horrible. Somehow you felt like liking Loki was betraying Clint because he had been possessed. It felt like you were betraying the whole Avengers because of your crush. Loki had wronged them all in some way but… you just couldn’t help yourself. For every bad, Loki had a good.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
KEEP A LOOK OUT FOR CHAPTERS THAT FOLLOW AFTER THIS!!!!! Thanks for reading! Comments and hearts are appreciated!