Lights Out (Halloween Special)

Summary: It's October, and you know what that means. Horror movies galore! Unfortunately, scary movies aren't your thing, especially when you're in one.

        You jumped, burying your head deeper into Clint’s chest, closing your eyes so tightly that you could feel a piercing pain behind them, although you weren’t ready to open them. The woman in the horror movie screamed again as you heard a knife slice and you groaned, pressing closer to Clint. Horror movies were the most single horrible thing ever invented. Ever since you were a kid, you couldn’t even look out the window fearing that someone would jump out and scare you. Of course, Clint used this to his advantage and was always popping out of nowhere and scaring you when you were kids, and continued to do so to this day.

           “Come on, [Name],” Clint said, patting your back. “It’s not that scary.” Your brother flinched at the next scream, but acted as though it was a casual gesture. You were so busy trying to block out the sounds that you didn’t take notice.

        The archer was almost as scared as you but he would never admit it to anyone, especially his little sister. He only came to watch it because he knew Tony would make fun of him and he would lose all masculinity, and it was Halloween. You have to watch a scary movie on Halloween.

         “Shut up, Clint,” You muttered, your voice muffled by your face buried into his shirt. “I don’t know how you guys talked me into this. You guys know how much I hate scary things.”

           “You’ll thank us later,” Tony told you, shoving more popcorn into his mouth, his eyes glued on the TV and sitting on the edge of the seat. His eye brows furrowed and he scoffed, glancing over at your shaking figure. “I still can’t believe that you haven’t watched a single scary movie until today.”

           “Technically, she’s not watching it,” Steve pointed out, taking notice that you had only watched the first three minutes of the movie before your face was forever stuck behind Clint. And that was only from the opening credits.

           “Stop,” You groaned. “It’s not my fault. I just hate-” you were cut off with another howl from the TV as well as a screech coming from you once again.

           You could hear Tony laughing at you, and you would have gone up and slapped him in the face but you didn’t dare glance at the screen.

           “I don’t understand how you find these ridiculous movies entertaining,” Loki stated from the other side of the couch that you, Clint and him were sitting on. Loki’s arms were crossed over his chest and he was clearly bored with the movie. “Thor and I have gone on journeys much more terrifying than this,” He did a double take of the movie. “If this movie is what you call ‘terrifying’ that is.”

           “Shhh!” Nat hissed at Loki, “It’s getting good. Stop talking.”

           Loki rolled his eyes and continued to watch until he couldn’t stay quiet for long. “These movies are all so predictable.”

        “No they aren’t, Loki, now shut up,” Clint glared at him.

        Loki raised an eyebrow at your brother. “Truly?” He asked, wondering if Clint could possibly be serious.  “Obviously the four will split up and one of them will be captured by the- hey!” He glared over at Tasha who had thrown a pillow at him.

        “Just shut up, would you?”

        Once again Loki rolled his eyes and continued to watch- or more like glare- at the TV.

        The movie continued to play and one of the characters spoke. “I’ve got an idea everyone. Let’s split up. We can cover more ground that way.”