Men R' Us

Thank you so much for reading my first story. I really appreciate the reads and votes, all of you are very sweet. Much Much Love
~Babydoll

"So you do want the date with Carlos!"

"Puta!" I yelled at Yvette as we ate our lunch in the cafeteria. Like I needed people knowing I was that desperate. I wasn't though, I just needed a filling so my lie wouldn't be such a lie anymore. Plus, a teeny weeny date never hurt anybody right?

"Look, you said Carlos wanted to go out with me and I've been considering it. I'm not saying yes. I'm asking you more information about him. Also, your aunt liked my Facebook status yesterday. Should I take that as an invitation?" Yvette and I were more or less sisters at this point.

We knew each others families, well- I knew hers because mines was absolutely disfuntional but the point is, her family, is my family too. But that's all they've ever been. Family, and not to be mean but the men in Yvette's family are no where near my type.

And I don't have a type. What did a curvy girl like me want? I don't know, never focused too hard in that area. Heck, I'm just surprised that someone even wants to take me out. Does he even know what I look like?

Does Yvette send him pictures? I loathed taking pictures of myself.

"Yeah she told me to tell you her and aunty Lili wanted to do brunch with the both of us next week. Oh Lette, you'll love him he is so handsome and he works at the Bookstore uptown. He didn't go to college but I swear he's super smart." I hope this would work out fine, Yvettes family was very eccentric and exciting. I was very mellow and I don't know what I could do with someone the same hyper as Yvette.

I was Lebanese and Cuban. Yet I acted like a house cat.

"Seriously Yvette, just calm down. Where does he want to go?"

"He wants to take you to a Tea House. It's by Rockefeller center and it'll be great!" A tea house huh, that actually sounds sweet. "Okay, when does he want to go?"

"Tonight." I chocked on my crouton. Tonight!? That's too early, I am no where near mentally prepared. But you know what, I'll do it.

"Fine. Fine. Tonight, I get off at 5. Can he call me?"

"I already texted him your number and address..he'll pick you up at 7" Yvette said texting her cousin faster than the speed of light and I laughed. "I'll see you later Yvette. I have to get back to work." I got up ready to dump that salad I didn't eat. "Oh hey, can you make this copy for me please? You can just leave it on my desk. Thank you."

"Sure thang."

I was making my (downtown, walking fast, faces pass and I'm homebound dun nun nun nun nun nun) back to my desk but didn't forget to stop by the copy room. "That doesn't look like my work." Aeros voice popped up behind me and a yelped.

Successfully gripping the pages so tight that they tore and I groaned. I turned to his smiling face. Why was he so consistently annoying today?

"Because it isnt. Do you not have other employees to harass? Or you know, company work that has to get done? Women to woo."

"Yes, but you're my favorite pea to step on. I've finished my errands for the day. I'm sure you know that being as you're my secretary and all and I'm pretty sure I'm doing the womanizing right now." I rolled my eyes and started walking down again to the copy room. And of course because it doesn't seem like he has anything else to do, Aero followed me.

"Why did you..want to have your own conpany." I decided to make small chat while the sheets of work printed. Aero shrugged.

"Why not. I'm intelligent, handsome and dedicated. I deserve it." I scoffed. He was so cocky even if all those things were true he could at least be more humble about it. "You don't deserve anything you didn't work for."