A little brothers place

Somehow, Andres was like my saving grace. Corny; but true.

I've always admired him, like how any little brother would look up to his more intelligent and experienced elder brother. He had an ambiguous personality, Andres thought with complexity, sometimes I think he's too smart and that no normal person can come up with things like how he did. I was Jealous of that. Because he was good at everything.

Well, not women. And maybe that's because they were more complex than Andres was so it became a challenge for him. He never tried either, he knew what he was up against and wasn't keen on making a fool of himself. It was his weak element. He only knew how to instruct and destroy. Being loved was difficult. It was no wonder he didn't know how to act towards Juliette other than rashly. I looked at love as something that wasn't romantic maybe so much as a game and it came easier to me. I loved playing games, especially when people are the pawn. Didn't bother me. Because what didn't come out for Andres, did for me.

I walked out of the elevator with my face burning from the slap I took down stairs. Breaking it off with a girl was always tough. Always because I don't know what to say but she knew right where it hurts.

"Fuck..this is Juliette's fault for not properly scheduling my weekly girls.." I groan. Then I have two crazy women in the lobby arguing over who was my "girlfriend" as if I'd ever make those too my official girl in the public eye. She's taking full responsibility for this and making me food I swear on it.

Only when I search around for a kitten with tiger stripes, she is no where to be found. I look at my watch, she never clocks out early. I tap my heel a bit, looming over her desk in suspicion. Neat and organized. She's gone, who told her she could leave? I wanted to see her, I barely saw her today.

I text her. Just in case.

I enter Andres' office without knocking of course, I'm no regular person. Not even because of the fact that I am his brother; but because Andres actually trusts me.

I come in and he's on the phone, writing as be speaks but doesn't bother to acknowledge me. His strict business exterior full on

"Do you ever consider knocking Aero." Andres asks when he picks his head up, finally putting down the phone and paying attention to me. I felt sorry for him.

"No. Were you speaking to Simon?" I hated that guy but Andres trusted him meaning I had to be nice.

"Yes, we were having a small conversation. Simon views me losing money as himself losing as well and is not very peachy about it. Who knows, maybe he'll even make a guest appearance." Almost automatic my eyes roll back, if Andres when he is trying to be funny isn't the most annoying person on the planet; it is most definitely Simon on a causal day when he is just being Simon.

So I really hoped that was not true

Andres' hooded brow twitched in amusement but he still wasn't smiling.

"That is not even funny, anyways I came to ask about our precious secretary."

Andres never lost his composure but I knew I had his attention. "What about Ms. Lake?" Oh God he is not serious. "She is not here, which upsets me because I just got jumped in the lobby by my Monday and Friday." And instead of saying something like "That's what you get for being reckless" Andres stands up. "Not here? It's not time for her to leave yet."

It wasn't but it almost was, he couldn't say anything about that.

Andres moves fast, brushing past me and out of the office to Juliette's secretary space. I followed. Where her jacket was gone and desk cleaned with confidential's locked away in her desk.