Rekindle

College is so hard, I have this weird thing about needing to push myself and it's not cool. Mending my broken heart because boys suck. And it's sad because I'm neglecting this story that some of you love sooo much and I love y'all. Thank you for reading this trash copy thus far.

Her tone was much different from what I remember. The sounds was a little raspy but still feminine and mature. It made people want to listen.

Feline eyes that played games with their prey

And that dolce vita smirk. It broke hearts, self esteem and sanity.

I was mentally preparing myself, I knew the reunion of Natalia and myself would come one day. But I thought that'd be at my funeral and my mom managed to get in contact with her and tell her the news.

"What is going on in that head of yours young miss." Natalia laughs over the boiled water, dipping a tea bad in her mug

"I don't know what I should say to you if I'm going to be honest.." my fingers twisted around themselves. I was pooled in my nervousness.

"Why did you leave Natalia?" I finally muster up the courage.

Natalias brow hikes up as she stirs the sugar in the cup.

"Why not? I completed what I came to the Lake home complete." She sat in front of me, handing me my own mug "Raising you was my Job, making sure you were okay was something that I was getting paid to do." I felt my heart tighten a bit.

She was always so honest but maybe I wanted her to tell me that she missed me like how I missed her.

"Okay..but how did you get from nanny to a memeber of Top branch organization? I mean, It doesn't connect. That or I lack critical thinking skills." Don't call me crazy, that shit doesn't add up.

She smirks, flipping the dark hair over her shoulder easily taking me in.

"I went back home, I wanted to reconnect with my life back in Russia. It was hard finding work. But opportunity came along and I took it." She sipped eloquently.

"You never called."

"Neither did you."

"Touché."

I held the tea to my lips, drinking slowly but I couldn't concentrate on the aroma. Just the taste. It was too sweet, she added too much sugar.

I smile then put the cup down.

"You know, I thought there was always a reason I never lost all of my fat entirely. You never fail to put an outrageous amount of sugar in Tea." One would have thought with a better balanced diet and a certified nanny with healthy food being cooked day in and day out that one would get fitter.

Natalia kept inspecting me, watching my movements. It was something she always did. She was consistently cautious, always prepared for the worst. I wonder if her parents taught her to be like that or perhaps something else did.

But all I knew was that she was an older girl from another place coming to take care of me.

Plus in my teen years I was always too afraid to ask of her family. Who she was before coming to America. To work for a random household.

Those things weren't a secret.

But they certainly were never discussed.

"I wish it would all just..magically go away you know?" I whisper. Imagining a skinnier me. I always dream of it, how far away it is. Would I be where I am now? Would I be a secretary? "I still question myself. When i tried to get in contact with you and failed, it felt like someone took my life jacket away." I bit the tip of my nail looking downward.