A day off

Sorry this is so late pumpkins, I was writing this still in September.

"You're smiling"

"I am not."

"Are to."

"Am not."

"Why can't you just tell me you enjoyed the cheap date between you and Yvette's cousin." A friend of mine Gretchen said as we walked down the short Soho blocks together.

The street bustled beneath our feet's and the sleek Autum chill blew back my hair and redend my plump cheeks. Fall was here and I welcomed it whole heartedly. Especially since my birthday was the best day of the year.

October 31, Halloween

Unfortunately though, its still September. But September is the grandest, spectacular, stress inducing suicidal thought causing month ever for our company. Because bum didi dum, New York Fashion week is always in September, always in the big apple, and always makes me feel like going into a comma.

There's always extra work to be done and no room for rest. Septembers fashion week is a time that everyone at the office gets serious. "I'm not saying I hated it, I'm saying that I'm not ready to even be his girlfriend. It was just a date Gretch. One date.

Even though it was really sweet and he was funny that doesn't mean much." If I was going to do this dating thing we were gonna take it slow.

The date with Carlos was savory and sweet. He was a joker and I loved to laugh, and we've only met for those few hours but I feel like its been years. Carlos and I have a lot of things in Common.

He even said he wanted to apply for the college that I attended later on after he graduated but decided that college wasn't for him. Which was kind of cool in a way because Yvette was fucking right- he was so damn smart.

A down right intellectual and big brains are a turn on hunty.

"Fine. But didn't you have the hots for Andres Sinclair?" I wiggled her eyebrows at me. "You mean my attraction that a million other women have? It's still there and he's a great guy but come on, its a total cliché of the boss and the assistant and I will not play into that role.

Plus, Mr. Sinclair doesn't look at me in that way." I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket and took it out to see the contact.

"Speak of the devil and he may appear." I smiled and answered quickly. "Hello?"

"Juliette, where are you?" Mr. Sinclair asked me in distress and I slowed down my walking. "Soho, is there a problem Mr. Sinclair?"

"Yes, major ones. I need you to come to my apartment right now to work them out. Now. I'll text you my address." I was so confused. My mind couldn't even process this. His apartment? I've never known his exact home location.

Does that make me a bad secretary? Mr. Sinclair never wants anyone to have anything shipped to his home, anytime a package is ordered it always comes back to the office. I doubt even Aero knows.

"Ah but-"

And he hung up on me. "Um, Sorry Gretchen, I have to go. Mr. Sinclair sounds like he needs help with something important." I put my phone away after I quickly get the address for Mr. Sinclair's home.

Ah no surprise of him living in the rich part of New York with all the socialites and prep school brats. It was just how people with money lived.

Gretchen's eyes flashed with sadness and my stomach dropped.

"What! But it's your day off. What about the movie?" I hated bailing on her but if I don't I'll probably be out of a job and have to live on the steps of the movie theater. "I'm so so sorry, can you call someone else? Your boyfriend!" I yelled at her while taking off down the block.