Chapter Three

Alright here we are with chapter three! Up above in the picture is Sam by the way. Figured you would all like to see him how I see him. 

~*~*~

Chapter Three

Sam

As soon as class ended Sam scrambled out of his new seat. "Justin!" He ignored Sam's calls and continued to walk out of class with a large burly kid right behind him. "J!" Suddenly Justin turned around and shoved him against the wall.

"Don't call me that," he growled at him.

"Look I'm sorry about . . . I'm sorry about everything-"

"Oh, please." He scoffed. "You can save me the 'sorry' act. It's been three years and I never heard a word from you. You were supposed to be my best friend."

"I was your best friend!"

Justin's blue eyes were like steel as he glared at him. "Yeah, some best friend. Stay away from me. Don't talk to me!"

Sending him one last glare, Justin turned and stalked away with the same guy right behind him. Sam looked around and noticed that almost everyone in the school hallway was looking at them while furiously texting on their phones. He sighed and ducked his head before heading toward his next class.

Well, that's just great, Sam thought. I hadn't even been here for three hours and I'm already the top of the town's gossip. 

If the two of them could just speak he knew that Justin would forgive him. The only problem is that he won't listen. Justin is, or was, one of the most stubborn people Sam ever knew. When he puts his mind to something there's no changing it. For the billionth time he wished that he hadn't left, but it wasn't anything he could control. A lot happened the night of Homecoming and he just needed to get away for a while. Sam needed to learn how to be himself again without any of the distractions this town gave. He couldn't hurt Justin any more then he already had.

The truth is on Homecoming night Justin confessed that he was in love with him. Sam had known that he was gay for a quite some time, but when he said that he was in love with him, he was shocked. That was the last thing he expected to hear. Never in a million years would he have suspected that Justin, his best friend in the entire world, was in love with him. Unfortunately, there was a lot to process. 

That's when he began to question his own feelings. Know the truth . . . knowing Justin's feeling made it extremely difficult to leave him that night. It was probably the hardest thing  ever had to do, but it needed to be done. Sam's own feelings needed to be sorted out first, and now they were. 

As Justin pushed him against the wall today, Sam saw so many emotions pass through his eyes. He saw anger, betrayal, sadness, hurt, but he also saw an emotion that gave him hope. That emotion was love. It was small, but beneath all the anger and hurt, love was there. A part – a small part – of Justin was still in love with him and that is more than Sam could have ever asked for.

Determination coursed through Sam's veins. Giving up wasn't an option. Sam made a promise to himself as he walked to his next class. He was going to try and fight for what he wanted, no matter what Justin said or did. Forgiveness. That's all Sam wanted. And after all that if Justin still didn't want to be around him then Sam would keep his distance, and this time it would be for good.