Epilogue

Alright every so I wasn't going to upload this epilogue so soon, but I decided to anyway. Actually it will be a double upload today. I will be uploading the epilogue onto My Lost Love and chapter one on Chasing Liam so everyone make sure you check that one out! I've finished part two of Chasing Liam and am currently working on chapter twelve now. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it soon. Wish me luck guys!

~*~*~

Epilogue

ONE YEAR LATER. . . .

The sun was shining bright as it glittered through the trees. His jacket had been taken off long ago due to the heat that the sun created. Students were littered across the grassy area enjoying the warm day. Many read books or listened to music, some were even completing homework as they absorbed the vitamin D. Birds chirped in the distance while a slow, subtle breeze moved throughout the trees.

Spring. Justin's favorite time of year. There isn't a better feeling then walking outside and taking off his jacket for the first time. It's the first spring day after a long winter of cold, dark ones.

Sitting on one of the outside benches Justin had his laptop in front of him as he tried to finish his homework. The only problem was that his mind kept drifting off into day dreams or simply other thoughts in general. His brain wouldn't focus at the task at hand. It instead wanted nothing more than to focus on this warm spring day.

Sighing with exasperation, Justin logged out of his school account and opened a new window instead. Logging onto his Facebook account he waited for it to load before he was suddenly bombarded with notifications. Between school and work, there usually isn't a lot of time throughout the day to keep up with Facebook.

Justin began to scroll past the various news clips, status updates, and memes that have been recently posted. The scrolling continued until he finally spotted one worth his interest. It was a picture of Kendall standing at the top of the Empire State Building. She had a wide smile on her face and her blonde hair was in a messy ponytail. She looked genuinely happy and Justin couldn't be happier for her. 

Kendall's last year of high school definitely wasn't an easy one. She went through a lot, despite that though, she still managed to live her life the way she wanted. A fresh start is definitely something she needed, and New York is as good a place as any to get one. Kendall didn't have much standing in her way anymore. For once, she is doing well, and Justin couldn't be prouder of her. 

As it turned out Darrell would be joining Kendall for her fresh start. Darrell got accepted into Columbia and he is studying with double majors in both science and education. He hopes to be a high school science teacher someday which actually surprised Justin when he first heard, ultimately though he couldn't expect anything less. Kendall on the other hand is majoring in business and a minor in dance at NYU. She hopes to open her own dance studio someday.

Currently they both live in the dorms at their separate schools, but they're enjoying college life; staying out all night, meeting new people, taking new classes, learning new things, and even the New York City lifestyle seemed  to interest them. The two are happily living their lives and taking it one day at a time, and Justin couldn't be any happier for them.

Scrolling down some more Justin's eyes soon spotting another picture only this time it was posted by his aunt, Carla. The caption said THROWBACK THURSDAY! It was a picture of his parents and him on the night of his very first football game. That was one of the few nights he remembered his parents actually being happy. Carla and his parents dressed up in the school colored and came to the school to watch the game. The women cheered loudly while his father shouted orders and instructions at him as if he were the coach.