Chapter Ten

Here we are with chapter 10! I can't believe we're already more then halfway through this story! There are 16 chapters in total so we only have 6 more to go guys!

~*~*~

Chapter Ten

Sam

The next morning Sam woke up in the weirdest position ever.

Now he must have turned in the middle of the night or something, because he wasn't laying the long way on my mattress instead his feet were hanging off the end and  his head was resting on Justin's stomach while his left arm was wrapped around his hips. Sam's right arm was tucked against his own chest.

Once his eyes opened the following morning, he took in the interesting sight. After noticing said position, he then realized that their blankets were pulled up to where Sam's left arm was and the rest were completely wrapped around himself, with their body heat though Justin did not seem cold in the slightest.

After a few moments of confusion, Sam lifted himself off of Justin while being careful not to wake him and climbed out of the bed. He glanced at the alarm clock and noticed that they didn't need to be up for another half hour.  Last night was stressful for Justin so Sam let him sleep in and enjoy the extra few minutes of peace. So he decided to go downstairs and get an early breakfast.

As Sam entered the kitchen his mother was already awake and preparing for her own work day. She was in sweats and his father's old college sweatshirt while her hair was pulled into a messy bun atop of her head.

"Hey, mom, why do you still wear dad's sweatshirts? I mean shouldn't that be against the rules of divorce?" Sam asked pouring himself a cup of coffee and joining her at the kitchen table.

"Sweetheart, if your father wanted his sweatshirt back he would ask for it," she claimed setting down the book she was reading. "Besides, I warned your father years ago that I would never give up this sweatshirt. I told him even if I died my final wish would be for me to be buried in this sweatshirt." Sam chuckled and shook his head in amusement. "It's simply too comfortable to give up."

She took a small sip of her own coffee. "So, how is Justin doing?"

"I'm not really sure," he confessed. "He's still sleeping. He was pretty upset last night though. Thank you for letting him stay here. by the way. We both really appreciate it." Last night after receiving Justin's phone call, he quickly walked to his mother's room and asked if he could simply stay the night since he was kicked out and had no alternative at that moment. She replied that he could stay as long as he needed.

"Oh, it's no problem at all," she waved off. "He was always such a sweet kid. Just be sure that as long as you are both under this roof that you be sure to keep your grades up. I don't want either of you in trouble," she cracked a small smile, "and if one of you gets pregnant now I swear-"

"Mom!" Sam yelled as his cheeks burned with embarrassment. "Seriously? First of all, that's now even physically possible!" She laughs at his words. "Secondly, we're not ready yet and I definitely don't think right now is a good time with everything that Justin is going through. Also that probably won't happen anytime soon. I mean we haven't even really defined what this is."

"Good to know that I at least raised a gentleman," she commented proudly. "So you boys aren't dating?"

Shrugging helplessly, he confessed, "I'm not sure. We've kissed a few times and stuff, but we haven't really had a chance to talk about it."

"Sweetheart, I know you and I know that having that talk and defining everything is something that you are gonna want to do, but perhaps you should just wait a little bit," she advised him. "Justin is going through a lot right now and he may not be ready for a boyfriend yet. Try being his friend first. Be there for him. Support him. Help him forget about the bad stuff. Just be patient and once everything becomes a bit smoother in Justin's life then you two can have that talk."