Chapter Fourteen

Sorry about the lack of an update you guys. Life has been pretty hectic. I'm getting trained for a new role at work and we are right on the edge of finals week. Luckily I only have three classes so none of them should be too horrible, but I probably won't upload another chapter until after finals have passed. Spring break is right around the corner though so I'll probably post the next chapter around then.

Alright so onto this chapter there will be a bit of note passing. Just for a bit of clarification: Justin is bold and Darrell is italicized

~*~*~

Chapter Fourteen 

The rest of the day was uneventful for the most part. Justin went to class – people stared and whispered. He took tests – people stared and whispered. He ran the track in PE – people stared and whispered and jogged. The whispers soon became like a buzzing in the back of his head. He was aware of them, but not particularly interested in them.

His brain seemed to stay in a haze of fog as each class went by, until finally his favorite class entered the hour: History. For some reason he loved to learn about the past. Besides the teacher Mrs. Hale taught it in a way so you don't necessary focus on the dates in history quite as much as the people and events. As long as they're in the proper order then she'll usually pass you. Darrell is also in this class, and for a guy who hates history, he loves this class. 

However, the moment he entered class he knew something wasn't right. Darrell shot him a nervous look as he walked toward him. He sat at the desk beside him. Repeatedly his mouth open and closed as if trying to say something but wasn't able to find the words. 

"Something wrong?" Justin asked him. 

Before Darrell could force whatever it was out, Mrs. Hale called the class to attention. 

Throughout the lesson Justin would attempt to crane his neck and catch Darrell's eye. He seemed like he was trying to ignore him at first, so he persisted. Finally, Darrell scrawled something in his notebook and carefully passed it to him.

Justin's head shook at his dorkiness, but he opened the note anyway.

Nobody is believing that the flyers are true. His eyes widened as he read the words. Everyone knows you dated Kendall for two years. You guys were the town's power couple. It's caused everyone to be in denial. 

"What?" he demanded in a hushed tone. 

Darrell glanced to make sure the teacher wasn't watching before turning back to him. He gestured to the paper. Justin rolled his eyes with impatience and wrote a reply.

What do you mean nobody believes it? How could nobody believe that? 

Justin slid the note back to the opposite desk before continuing with his notes. Unfortunately about two words were written before the paper got passed back. 

Like I said. You played your role a little too well during your time in the closet. One or two people believe you, but the majority think that it was an outrageous prank played by one of our enemy schools. I'm sorry but no one believes that you actually put up the flyers. 

Justin glared at the words on the page. How could nobody believe him? Well, what do I do now? How do I come out of the closet if nobody wants to believe me?

I'm not sure. I'm sorry man. Looks like you're just have to think of something else. 

Justin sighed as he read his friend's words. Yeah, but what?

For the rest of the day classes went by in a blur. He seemed to be in a haze of his own self pity as he numbly sat through classes and stared at the boards. His peers continued to whisper, only now everyone was trying to figure out which rival team put up the flyers and how they could get revenge.