Chapter Five

Here we are! Chapter five already. The picture above is Larissa by the way. Also one last thing: I love Darrell. He has to be one of my favorite characters. Who would like to see a story featuring more Darrell?

~*~*~

Chapter Five

Justin

Upon hearing the slam of his front door, Justin immediately kicked the wall. Hearing the slam of the door was even worse because he got Sam angry. Sam is never angry. A person has to really tick Sam off to cause him to lose his temper. Justin gave up on beating the kitchen appliance and scuffled into the living room before finally collapsing on the couch.

Grabbing his phone he logged onto the MyChat.com app.

From: Book_Geek17

To: SportsJock

So I've been back in my old town for a few days now. It's so familiar yet so different. Although, my instincts were completely and utterly correct. My former best friend does hate me. Maybe I should just do what he wants me to and stay away from him. There's only this year left then I can leave for college. The he'll never have to see me again.

Justin began to type back relating to the words he was saying. 

From: SportsJock

To: Book_Geek17

I don't know what to tell you. Only you can decide where to go from here. I'm having my own dilemma with friends and I'm just as confused as you are. I think it's time that I just be honest with myself. Maybe once I do that everything else will become clearer. . . .

Book_Geek17 is typing. . . .

From: Book_Geek17

To: SportsJock

I think you should do that. Maybe it's time that I do something similar.

Closing the app, he sighed as exhaustion began to overtake him. Setting the phone down on the coffee table, he stretched his arms out and laid down for a short nap. 

Everyone had been preparing for this night for weeks. It was the night of the Homecoming Dance. It was their very first Homecoming dance in high school. It was their first dance ever as freshman. He, Sam, and Larissa had decided against dates. If someone came and asked either of them to dance they would, but since it was their first dance they didn't want to deal with formally asking someone out.

The dance was at a hotel that was about twenty minutes away from their homes. So, they could have easily walked there and back, but Larissa's older brother Jason was going and offered to drive everyone. The night was interesting. The music was okay. They mostly played hip hop and pop music though so it depended on everyone's musical taste. The punch was good. Luckily, unlike in books and movies the teachers were actually really good about keeping the punch from being spiked. 

The boys danced with quite a few people. They each took a turn and dance with Larissa. A few girls came over and even asked them to dance at one point, which they agreed to. A few times though as everyone dance it almost looked like he and Sam were dancing together. Whenever he noticed that happening he would usually jump to the closest girl he could find and began to dance with her. A few times during the slow songs a girl or two would ask them to dance which they would then agree to, but for the most part they stood on the sidelines for the slow dances. Those were usually reserved for couples only.