Chapter Four

Chapter 4 ready to go! Also up above is Darrell!

~*~*~

Chapter Four

Sam

Walking up to the front door of his new house, Sam gave a defeated sigh. This day could not have gone any worse. Not only was Sam unable to get Justin to talk to him, but he was also the main topic for gossip. Everyone heard about the fight between him and Justin and now a ton of rumors are going around about it. Justin sure won't appreciate those rumors, he thought to himself.

However, Sam did get to learn just how hard Justin worked to keep his secret after he left. Not long after he left Justin signed up for weight class and began to bulk up more and more. He worked hard to build the muscle he had and even joined sports. I guess a few weeks after homecoming he signed up for both football and soccer team. Now he is on the senior varsity team for both. 

That wasn't the only thing he did though. He also began dating girls apparently. Sam heard that he didn't date a lot throughout freshman year due to sports. Only then in sophomore year, he began dating Kendall Williams. Kendall is the captain of the cheerleading squad and the dance team, but she's also the nicest girl in that school. She is a true sweetheart, despite her high school social status. Apparently, the two have been dating for a couple of years now which Sam really didn't find surprising. Justin would do anything to keep his secret hidden even if that meant dating someone he isn't attracted to.

It's just too bad that Kendall will be the one hurt. Justin may want his secret kept a secret, but he's not the kind of guy who would marry a woman just so no one would know the truth. Eventually, he would tell Kendall the truth and she will be extremely hurt by it.

Sam walked into the partially empty house that his family was renting. As he walked into the box-packed living room he found his eleven-year-old sister, Susan Cody – although she prefers Susie – watching some show on Nickelodeon called Instant Mom. Susie is definitely one-of-a-kind. They both inherited the same brown hair from their father. The only difference is she puts clip-on hair extensions in her hair so its constantly decorated with colors like blue, red, purple, etc. She has big brown eyes which we also both inherited from our father.

"Hey Suse." He set his bag on the couch as he greeted her. "Where's mom?"

Susie didn't speak or even look in her brother's direction. She simply lifted her arm and pointed her finger toward the kitchen.

"Why thank you," Sam sarcastically replied. "I'm sorry that took so much time out of your show."

She just waved him off.

Slightly humored by her, Sam just shook his head and walked away. He found his mom on a step stool and watched as she put dishes in some of the higher shelves of the cabinets. His mom's ravenous black hair was being held up in a messy bun by a large clip. She was wearing jeans with paint splatters on them and an old college sweatshirt. Her baby blues which neither of her children inherited were hidden behind a pair of thick glasses. She wore glasses full time whereas Sam only wore them for close up stuff like reading or using his laptop.

"Hey mom," he greeted with a small smile.

Evelyn, his mother, jumped which meant he had obviously startled her. She hung onto the cabinet before she could lose her balance but managed to straighten out the stool.

"Are you okay?" Sam asked worried. He hadn't meant to startle her like that.

"Oh, it's alright sweetheart," she soothed waving her son off. "No harm, no foul." She climbed down and bent down to open another box. Once it was opened he noticed that the box was full of bubble wrap and newspaper so it must have been the glasses. "So, how was your first day? Did you talk to Justin?"