Chapter Eight

Alright everyone we have finally arrived to chapter eight. This is it! We have reached the parental reveal . . . well, technically. It expands between chapter eight and chapter nine. However, if I get let's say ten votes and ten comments then I will upload chapter nine before the end of the night. ;)

Also as you can see above is a video from The Greatest Showman. I love this movie. It's one of my new favorites as well as the songs. They are addicting. Before even seeing the movie I listened to them nonstop for about two weeks lol. Now I felt the song This Is Me was pretty perfect for this chapter.

Anyway let me know what you think! Be sure to comment and vote! By the way, if you haven't seen The Greatest Showman then Go SEE IT! Haha. Hope you all enjoy!

Chapter Eight

Justin

Closing the door behind Sam, Justin watched as he walked from his house. His mom had come to pick him up and he walked him to the door. As the door closed, Justin leaned against it and let a saddened breath escape him.

Sam told him a lot today and, honestly, it was a lot to take in.

Throughout the past few years, while he was worrying about hiding his true self from others, while Sam was working hard to discover and accept his true self. He definitely handled his sexuality better then him. Sam embraced it while Justin hid from his. 

That thought continued to bounce around in his head as he looked at the empty house. The house was always empty these days. He had grown used to the quiet. He didn't like it, but he was used to it.

That's why he was shocked when he suddenly heard the garage door opening. Then the sound of car doors closing, footsteps, and the garage door closing again echoed through the house. Pushing himself off the front door, Justin walked into the kitchen to find his parents walking into the house from the door that lead to the garage.

"Hello, Justin," His mother smiled brightly at him as if she did this everyday and not once a month.

That was one thing about his mother, even though she may not be around much, she always has a smile on her face when she is around. Her job created so much stress that she liked to be happy and stress-free when home.

"Justin." His father simply nodded at him.

His father was a very professional man with a lot of expectations. He wanted life to be absolutely perfect. According to him, everything needed to be perfect. If his father could have the perfect, all-American family from the 1950s he would trade his wife and son without a second thought. The only reason he allowed his mother to have a job as well was because the economy was so bad.

"Hi?" Justin looked at them in question. "What are you guys doing home so early?"

"Court wrapped up early today and all our cases were done for the day so I thought it would be a nice idea to come home early so we could all have dinner as a family," his mom answered. She took off her work blazer and took her hair out of the professional bun and set it in a pony-tale all while answering me.

"Oh, okay then," he mumbled not in the least bit happy about the family-dinner idea.

His father then looked at him suspiciously. "Why are you not happy? Is your girlfriend here or something?" He looked around the kitchen as if expecting to find here there. "Justin, we talked about this-"

"No!" Justin said loudly, perhaps too loudly. "She's not here. No one is. I'm just surprised."

"Well, then why don't you invite her over? She could join us for dinner," he offered. "What's her name again? Kristen?"