Chapter Six

Alright so here we go with chapter six! Now this chapter wasn't originally in the story. It was added during the rewrite. This chapter is shorter, but I feel like it was needed for this story. Kendall and Justin have a really good relationship even if its not romantic and I really wanted to show you more of them. 

Another picture of Kendall is above!

~*~*~

Chapter Six

Justin

            Music echoed through the empty hallways of the school. It was early in the morning and the only students who were currently here were the ones with practice. Soccer practice just ended. Justin made his way out of the locker rooms and to the upstairs gym. The music echoed louder and louder as he made it to the top of the stairs. Reaching the door, he paused at the sight in front of him.

The gym was empty except for the sole figure before him. The lights were bright and the music loud as she moved across the gym. Her curly blond hair was up in a high ponytail and she was wearing one of her yoga outfits and tennis shoes. Not wanting to interrupt Justin took the moment to study her.

Kendall has always loved to dance. It was something that she has always been naturally good at. Once she joined the dance team in freshman year it didn't take her long to prove her worth. She was named captain a year later. Cheerleading followed soon after that.

Even though he was across the room, Justin could spot the smile on her face. She moved with the flow and rhythm of the music just as any dancer would. It didn't look like she was practicing or even creating a routine. Kendall was just dancing. Dancing for herself, because it's what made her happy.

Having finally spotted him and she turned in his direction, Kendall stopped abruptly and jogged over to him. She leaned down and turned down the music before greeting him.

"Hey Justin." She threw her arms around him.

He hugged her back before separating. Sticking his hands into his jean pockets he hoped that he didn't look too awkward. "You a . . ." He cleared his throat nervously. "You wanna take a walk?"

Kendall's hazel eyes studied his blue hesitantly. "Sure," she nodded tentatively, "let me change first though. I'll meet you downstairs."

Trying to hide his expression he sent her a small nod as she left for the locker rooms. Justin stood alone in the gym and exhaled loudly. This wasn't going to be good. Kendall is his best friend. He may not love her, or even like her romantically, but he truly cared for her and needed her to be okay after this. He didn't want to hurt her. That was the last thing he wanted.

But he also couldn't continue to date her when they had no future. The longer he waited the more hurt she would be. He needed to do this. Now or never. He just hoped she would understand. Kendall needed to understand.

Turning out of the gym he made his way back down the stairs so to meet her by the locker room doors. He waited in the hall and watched as a few other sports teams finished practice. Everyone was walking to the locker rooms so they could get showered and changed before classes started. Justin glanced at his watch.

There won't be a lot of time before classes start, but he honestly didn't care. This was more important. He couldn't talk to Kendall with it being half-assed or rushed. This conversation needed to be done properly . . . it needed to be done right or else he would just end up hurting her more. They would skip class if they had to.