Prologue

(Change of Heart-filia. Hahah, See what I did there? Yes? No? Okay...)

Hello minna!!! Yes I'm back! I was thinking about this book for a loooong time now and I'm so happy I can finally share it with you guys! This first chapter is kinda short but the next one's will surly be....um, normal? Well I hope you guys like it and don't forget to comment and vote please!

*Normal POV*

"8, 9...10! Ready or not, here I come!" Said 8 year old Lucy while uncovering her chocolate brown eye's looking for her playmate. She started looking around and after taking a few steps she could hear him giggling behind a tree.

He can be such a dummy sometimes she thought to herself. Slowly and carefully she walked to him and...

"Gotcha!" She shouted while jumping on top of him making them both fall back. They looked at each other and laughed.

They were playing in Lucy's big backyard and they were having a great time. And why wouldn't they? They've been friends practically since they were born.

"Okay now it's my turn! You go and hide and I'll try to find you!" Said 9 year old Natsu excitedly.

"Yeah!" Little Lucy quickly ran off looking for a good place to hide. She looked left and right deciding weather she should go inside her house or just out back.

"3....4..." Lucy could hear him counting in the background. She needed to think of something quick so the bush near her house was her choice.

She was running far away from him now and was about to hide behind the bush but something stood in her way.

Or more like someone..

"Lucy, we're leaving. Now." Said Lucy's father Jude while looking down on her and grabbing her wrist tightly.

"W-What? Wait! I didn't even finish our game or say goodbye to Natsu!" She protested in her little girl voice.

"Your mother is not feeling well so we have to go to the hospital, now!" He ordered.

Little Lucy was shocked by her fathers harsh words and actions. He never spoke to her like that.

Never.

Not being able to do anything about it, she had to leave her best friend behind with out saying another word to him.

Meanwhile, little Natsu kept counting.

"9...10! Ready or not here I come Luce!" He called her by the nickname he gave her with a big grin on his face, but before he could even start running off to search, he felt a delicate hand on his wrist.

"Oh, hi mommy! Want to play with us?" He asked getting excited by the thought of his mother joining their fun.

"I'm sorry sweetie but we have to go now." Natsu's mother Grandeeney said while guiding him back to their car.

"But, I'm still playing with Luce and I didn't even get to say goodbye!" He protested while trying to get out of her surprisingly tight grip.

"Lucy has also left. Her father took her to see her mother." She explained.

Natsu already knew that Lucy's mother wasn't in the best state and he had to comfort her many times because of that. He was also worried about how her mother was doing because what ever happened to her greatly affected Lucy.

"Okay.." He said while pouting.

Don't worry Luce, I'll find you later. I promise...

.

.

.

.

.

.

Sadly, time passed by and they never got the chance to see each other again.

When Lucy's mother passed away she went into shock and ended up forgetting all about her childhood memories, even Natsu. Trying to remember her past would only make her feel worse knowing she can't go back to the times she had spent with her mother.

But Natsu on the other hand never forgot about their good and fun times together, he cherished those moments. He tried calling her house many times but they would always tell him that she was busy and couldn't answer the phone. So all Natsu could think was...

what had happened to his best friend?...

I hope you like how its going and I'll be updating the next chapter on Saturday or Sunday.
Untill then...Ja ne~! (See you soon~!)

~Scarlett-Red~

*Edited