{12}

Bambi

Oli and I were out in a room that had some books, but no toys at all. My daddy brought us and Molly to the animal hospital while my other daddy stayed home with the kittens. Daddy said that the animal doctor was gonna make my Molly all better.

I looked up at my daddy then I poked his cheek.

"Yes, Bambi?" he said.

"I-is Molly gonna die?"

My daddy's eyes widened and then he pulled me into his lap. He began to play with my hair a lot.

"O-of course not, sweetie."

"But, dad...Molly is old..." Oliver said.

"Sh-she is gonna die, isn't she daddy?" I asked and he didn't say anything. "I don't want Molly to die, daddy! Don't let Molly die!"

My daddy sighed and held me against his chest. He rubbed my back as I cried.

"Shh, baby girl. Molly isn't going to die," he whispered.

"Not yet anyway," Oliver said.

That made me cry harder and that made daddy sigh.

"You're not helping, Oliver..."

"But, dad! It's true! Molly is old and fat."

"Oliver James Styles! Don't make me angry right now."

Uh oh. Daddy hardly called us by our full names, but when he did? We were in big trouble.

"But--"

"But nothing, Oliver. We're trying to keep your sister calm and you're not helping at all by saying all that. Instead of being a stubborn little brat, be nice and keep her calm."

I looked over at Oliver and saw his lips quivering. He was gonna cry.

"Oliver...oh god. Oliver, daddy's sorry. I didn't mean it. I didn't mean to call you that, okay? Daddy didn't mean it."

I saw daddy go to pull him into his lap, but Oliver got up and moved to another spot. I looked up to see daddy frown.

"You know I didn't mean it...don't you, Bambi?"

I slowly nodded and he kissed my forehead. He told me to go talk to Oliver then. I don't know how that was gonna help, but I didn't want to disobey daddy.

I slid out of his lap and walked over to my brother who was sniffling and rubbing his nose. He had his knees pulled to his chest.

"Oli?" I said as I sat next to him.

"Go away, Bambi."

"No. I'm not leaving. Daddy told me to come talk to you. Daddy didn't mean to call you that, Oli."

He sniffled again then looked at me.

"It's not fair, Bambi. Both our dads baby you all the time. I get yelled at. It's not fair!"

I frowned.