{13}

Niall

My boss was driving me insane. Ever since I got the job back, he had been on my case more than ever and I was growing sick of it. I couldn't say anything though... he was my boss after all and he did have the right to fire me.

Getting fired does not look good on other applications, that's for sure.

The entire day at work it was raining and all I wanted to do was curl up in my bed with Harry and watch movies on our shitty black and white tv while the kids played in their rooms. But instead I sat at the desk answering calls all morning and afternoon. It really was a shitty job and I had no idea why I wanted it back so bad. I rather have kept lying to Harry until I found a new job....

No I wouldn't have what am I saying?

"Business is slow today, so why don't you cancel my four o'clock meeting and go home." My boss approached my desk slowly, leaning his big stomach on the front.

"Thank you sir, will do."

"Nice to have you back, Niall."

"Thank you, sir."

"Good evening, see you in the morning." And he walked away. I was very excited that I got to go home early so I texted Harry to make some popcorn and hot chocolate cause we were having a movie night.

**

"Where's the kids?" I asked when I walked into the house, hanging my coat on the coat rack and hanging my keys as well. I immediately began to undress myself from my suit while walking into the kitchen where Harry was popping popcorn on the stove.

"They went to Liam's."

"Liam's?" I asked.

"Yeah, when I went to pick them up they asked to go to Liam's house and play so I said yes, now we have the house all to ourselves for a couple hours."

"Will they be home for dinner?" I asked. I wanted to see my kids; I was actually looking forward to seeing them when I got off work. I wanted to play board games and watch movies with the family but I wouldn't mind some alone time with Harry as well.

"Niall, relax. We'll get a call from Liam when they're ready."

"Okay." I sighed as I set my brief case down on the kitchen table.

"How was work?" Harry asked while pouring hot water into two different mugs for us.

"I got off early, so that's good."

"Boss still being a hard ass?" Harry asked. I nodded my head before taking a seat and watching Harry in the kitchen.

"I mean, I kind of deserve it."

"Not really..."

"You're just bias." I rolled my eyes.

"No I'm not! I'm serious. You didn't deserve to be fired for such a stupid reason."

"But it was the first day."

"I get that, but shit happens, Niall."

"New topic. What did you do all day?" I asked my husband. He handed me my hot coco with mini marsh mellows and began to talk about his day.

"Well, I woke up and my husband was not in bed with me so I cried for three hours and then I cleaned up the house and I called my mum today, we're having dinner at her house this Friday by the way, and then I took a nap, I made myself lunch..."

"Okay who brought the kids to school?" I laughed.

"Oh yeah, I did that, too." I began to laugh. My husband was a dork.