{22}

Harry

No.

No no no no and a million times no.

This could not be happening. I didn't want this to be happening. What the fuck did he want now? Especially after six years? What could he honestly want now?

"Hello, Harry..." his voice rang through my ear.

I felt like I was going to be sick and I could tell that Niall was feeling the same.

"H-how did you get my number? No...what do you want? That's my question. What the fuck do you want now?"

I held my phone tight to my ear. I could softly hear Niall telling me to relax even though it was clear that he was mad too.

"I heard you're back into the boxing thing..."

"Yeah? So what? Not that it should matter to you. We sued your ass and left you to rot in the dust." I rubbed my temples. "What the hell do you want? Why are you calling me now? Just because I'm boxing again, doesn't give you the need or even the right to call me. You fucking ruined mine and Niall's lives."

"You're still on about that?"

"Yes. You fucking asshole!"

Then he changed the conversation completely.

"You've got some cute kids, Harry..."

My eyes widened and Niall had mouthed "what's going on?" but I didn't say anything to him.

"Don't you dare touch my kids, Chris!"

That's when Niall reached over the table and grabbed my phone from me.

"Listen here, you fucking twat. You so much as come anywhere near mine and Harry's kids, you are dead. I will personally make it my mission to break every bone in your body if you touch them," Niall growled.

My eyes widened. Angry Niall is fucking hot.

"Of course it's a fucking threat! Don't touch my kids or I'll make sure you can never have any!"

Niall hung up and then slid my phone back to me. He was red in the face and he was huffing; clearly still angry.

"So..." I put my phone away, "did he say what he wanted?"

Niall shook his head no.

"It probably has to do with the fact that you're back into boxing. He's probably going to try to manipulate us in some way to try to get us to go and work for him again," Niall stared at me. "No matter what that asshole says, we are not working for him again. You understand? No matter what he makes sound good, we are not working for him again! You know what that asshole is capable of! He already knows about our kids and I would hope that our kids are smart enough not to leave school with anyone that's not Liam, us or your mother."

"We do have smart kids, Ni. Remember? Our safe word?"

Niall shut his eyes, shook his head and laughed.

"We should have picked a better word, Harry."

"Oh come on. It's funny and the kids think it's funny. It's an inside joke. Cmon, you got to admit it's funny."

He shook his head again.

"You're so weird..."

We finished our meals and headed out to the car. Once inside it, we sat there for a bit. I was thinking about the kids and what they would do if Chris ever did try anything. Plus I was thinking about angry Niall being really sexy, but that's not the point. My kids—our kids—were the main focus.