Bond Mates - Chapter 27 - Too late to call it off?

Copyright © 2011 Kirsty Moseley

Chapter 27: Too late to call if off?

The six weeks passed in a blur of school and wedding plans. If I wasn’t doing homework or helping Sean study for his finals, then I was with Kate and my mom making decision after decision for the wedding. In total honesty I just wanted it over and done with already. I loved the idea of marrying Sean and I desperately wanted to be his wife, but with our moms getting involved it seemed like the day wasn’t even about us anymore. Two weeks ago school had finished for the summer, and I’d literally been dragged here there and everywhere to look at balloons, cakes, dresses, folded napkin designs, food tastings…… it was endless. 

The night before the wedding I was laying on the bed with Sean, my head on his chest, listening to his heart beating in his chest while I stroked my fingers across his mark softly.

“I can’t wait for tomorrow night,” I admitted. “This whole fiasco will be finished and it’ll just be you and me on a flight to paradise.” 

He sighed and gripped his hand in the back of my hair. “Tyler, if you are really hating this all so much then why don’t we just call it off?” he suggested, casually.

I gasped and jerked up, he didn’t want to marry me anymore? “What? You don’t want to get married?” I asked, looking at him confused, he wasn’t sending me any feelings like this was a bad thing, I couldn’t feel anything other than happiness and contentment coming through the bond.

He smiled, “Of course I do, baby. What I meant was that this doesn’t seem to be what you want anymore. I know what it felt like seeing the lake in your premonition, but this is all just getting out of hand. I mean my mom even ordered an ice sculpture of a cherub ready for tomorrow,” he said shaking his head frowning. “I’m pretty sure I didn’t see that in your premonition.”

“I don’t want to call it off. I want to marry you, Sean,” I promised.

He smiled, “We could sneak away. Get on a plane right now and head to Barbados a day early, I’m sure we could find someone to marry us there….. on a beach, just the two of us?” he asked, looking at me with an almost hopeful expression on his face. “See if you can see that happening.”

I closed my eyes, and sighed wistfully. I actually loved the sound of that, just us alone and no craziness surrounding our day. I tried and tried to see that in our future, but nothing was coming to me. Which only meant one thing…… it didn’t happen like that.

I shook my head, looking at him apologetically. “Nope, lake wedding it is, Lover boy,” I said, even I noticed the sad tone to my voice.

He frowned but nodded, rolling me onto my back, hovering above me. “At least it’s only the ceremony and then a couple of hours for drinks and finger food after. Then I get to take my beautiful wife onto a plane and get her on her own for two whole weeks,” he said, stroking my hair lightly, his eyes burning into mine.

Honeymoon. The word alone made my body tingle, as did all of the things I knew would come with it. It was a beautiful word, when you broke it down into two words, both of those were incredible things in themselves. Honey and Moon. Deliciousness and sexiness. Since I’d met Sean I viewed the moon differently, it had an effect on him, on all shifters, a full moon gave shifters the ability to shift into their wolf. That in itself I found a sexy and compelling thought. Not that Sean had to wait for the moon now of course, our bond made that possible.