Bond Mates - Chapter 29 London, England.

Copyright © 2012 Kirsty Moseley

Chapter 29 - London, England

For two days I was stressed. I pretended I wasn't, I pretended I was fine when in reality all I wanted to do was grab my wife and hide somewhere until we were old and grey. The minute we put ourselves out there, made ourselves known to the council, everything would change. Once we'd made the suggestion, we'd never be able to take it back. This was a life changing trip and I didn’t want to do it at all because it would make her unsafe. I didn't want us to be the ones that the prophesy spoke of; I didn't want to put her in danger. But at the same time I guess it was my responsibility to at least see what they thought of it.

We'd spent four days being tourists around London. We'd seen everything, ate at the cute little restaurants there, sat on the London eye and stood outside Buckingham Palace. We'd walked around the stupid wax works museum and the walked up and down the markets looking at everything. Tyler was having a great time; I could feel it through our bond.

What we were about to do now though, scared the life out of me. We were standing outside a little brown wooden door that was set into a huge stone building. There was graffiti on the walls, the door was rotten and the paint peeling on it. The building looked abandoned.

Tyler frowned and looked up and down the deserted street. "This is really it? It doesn't look like somewhere that a bunch of important shifters would hang out," she said, looking at it distastefully.

Shrugging, I looked down at the address that I'd written down this morning. Yesterday I'd called Ryce and asked him to arrange the meeting with his grandfather, and this morning he'd called me back with this address and told me to be here at four o'clock. "That's what Ryce said," I confirmed.

Tyler gripped my hand tighter and nodded at the door. "You knock then and see what they say. Maybe Ryce is just fooling around?" she suggested, looking a little hopeful.

I smiled weakly. Ryce knew how serious this was, he wouldn't fool around with something like this. Tyler and I both knew that we end up seeing the council at some point because she'd seen it in one of her visions. The only thing we couldn't be sure of was when that vision would come true. Sure, we met with the council, but what if it wasn't today? What if it was years down the line and this was just a preliminary meeting or something? She was right; this building certainly didn't look like somewhere that the Grand Council for the shifter species would hang out. Perhaps this was temporary dwellings; perhaps they held their meetings in different places each time so that no one knew their exact location. I had no idea how this all worked, I was totally out of my depth here.

Stepping forward I rapped on the door, taking deep breaths and trying to alleviate some of the tension that was building up inside me - I didn't want Tyler privy to my fears, I was supposed to be the strong one after all but it didn't feel like it most of the time.

After a minute nothing happened so I raised my hand to knock again when the old door creaked open and a guy stood there. He was probably a little older than my dad. He looked me over slowly, before dragging his eyes to Tyler and looking at her in the same manner. I fidgeted and tried my hardest not to step in front of her so he couldn't look at her, I needed to relax and get this done. This was no time for being jealous about someone looking at my mate.

"Yeah?" the guy grunted finally.

I frowned. Yeah? That wasn't exactly a council greeting, surely. "Hi. I'm Sean Houston and this is my wife, Tyler. I was told to come here at four, by Ryce Thompson. We're here to see Roland Thompson," I said, smiling politely.