Bond Mates - Chapter 30 - Proof

Copyright © 2012 Kirsty Moseley

Chapter 30 - Proof

I watched as he ripped open the envelope, pulling out the stack of papers that Tyler and I had been working on since before the wedding. We'd been planning this for a long time, just waiting for the time when this meeting took place. His eyes flicked up to me as he frowned.

"There's one more gift that I forgot to mention earlier. Tyler can see into the future. She's already seen this whole meeting, the only thing she can't see is what happens after you open the envelope so this is new to all of us," I said, laughing quietly, gripping her hand.

The one that was looking bored earlier, Colin, sat up straighter and looked at me like I was crazy until Roland started shuffling through the papers, his eyes getting wider with each passing second.

Tyler had replayed her vision to me over and over and between us we'd managed to write a transcript of everything that was said since we walked into the room - right down to the part where the guy complained he had to go to a charity dinner. She'd also drawn sketches of the room, the ceiling, even the board members themselves and what they were wearing today. The icing on the cake for me was that she'd drawn the envelope with the signatures across the seal. She'd drawn out an exact replica of the envelope with the four random signatures on the back and had placed it into the envelope before they had even decided who would sign it. It was a little mind blowing really just how much thought she'd put into it all. That was all her idea, not mine - I was happy with the transcript but she said we should bulk it up for extra emphasis.

An eerie silence settled over the room as they passed the papers back and forth between them, sometimes flicking their eyes up to us, other times just reading with open mouths.

The one that I'd decided was the most important, cleared his throat and passed the rest of the papers down the line to the other members. "Clearly this is some kind of hoax or something. How did you manage to get those things in the envelope?" he asked, raising one eyebrow.

I cocked my head to the side. He obviously didn’t want to believe us at all. "Tyler can see into the future like I said. She replayed her vision of the meeting to me over and over until we managed to create all of the things that you have there," I answered.

He frowned. "You honestly expect us to believe that?"

I sighed and wondered just what else we would have to do to convince them, surely there was nothing more that could be done to prove to them that this was serious and that we weren't lying. "Sir, you've had that envelope in your possession the whole time. How else can you explain it?" I countered, shrugging.

Roland was watching me intently; his head cocked to the side as his eyes slid down my body slowly. He was taking in everything that I'd said, maybe because of Ryce he was being a little more open minded.

The other guy shrugged, shaking his head. "I think you should leave now. The prophesy has been discredited for years, none of this is up for debate," he stated confidently.

Roland turned to him then and frowned. "But, Colin, how can you explain the papers here? Martin has been holding that envelope for the last ten minutes; my exact words are typed onto this piece of paper. A drawing of an envelope with my signature on it, was inside a sealed envelope for goodness sake. That's just….. I don't……" He shook his head looking back to Tyler. "If you can see into the future then why is it that you can't see the outcome of this meeting? Your husband said this would be new to both of you too."