Bond Mates Chapter 35 - The Search Begins

Copyright © 2012 Kirsty Moseley

                                                     Chapter 35 - The Search Begins

                                                                         ~ Sean ~

I watched him tiredly as he shuffled all of his papers, handing out copies to the three of us and the liaison from the British government. As Chief of Police, Michael Connor was a very imposing and important man, that much was easy to see from his confident demeanor as he spoke and talked us through their gathered evidence.

Michael had one of his technicians going through the surveillance footage from the Japanese ‘train crash’. It was pretty clear it wasn’t an accident though - that was just what was told to the press and families of the victims to stop widespread panic. In reality, C4 explosive had been attached to the track, designed so that when the train went over it, it blew up. Over two hundred people had been killed or injured - a lot of them shifters. Apparently, the origin of the train was a shifter only electronics firm, so it mainly consisted of employees and the odd person that got on at the various stops along the way. The Jefferson Organisation had claimed responsibility this morning, so now we were review footage using Scotland Yard’s facial recognition technology.

Roland sat forward in his chair suddenly, pointing at the screen that was main focus. “Isn’t that Bob Parry?”

I squinted at the screen anxiously; the guy in question was only half in view, the image slightly grainy. Charles and Michael leant in too. Daniel, the technician, stopped the tape and backed it up a little, zooming in on the guy. I’d read about Bob Parry in the council’s files, he was the organisation’s explosives man - it totally made sense for him to be there.

“I think it is,” Daniel agreed, pressing a few buttons and scanning the guy’s face as another screen started searching their databases for him.

While that was going on I focussed on Tyler. The feelings coming off of her were of contentment so I forced myself to get back to the task at hand rather than talking to her in my head. The system threw out three possible matches; one of them was indeed Bob Parry.

“Well I think it’s safe to say that their claim on the bombing can be taken as fact,” Charles stated, frowning angrily.

“Let’s see what he does,” Michael suggested. Daniel pressed some more switches, typing in commands quicker than I could read them all. Another five screens flickered to life around us on his console panel, so now we had about ten angles of the train station security footage. He clicked on the guy in question and the cameras started following him immediately, searching him out.

I chewed on my lip, watching avidly as Daniel manoeuvred from camera to camera, following him as he moved freely throughout the station. The guy on the screen made his way confidently through the station, not even looking slightly concerned, a bulky black backpack was casually slung over his shoulder. He suddenly stepped out of view and Daniel frowned, wheeling himself over to another computer console.

He pulled up the blue prints on another screen, pointing at it. “That’s the section of track that was targeted; the last place he was on footage was here.” He pointed to a section just next to where the track started, easily within reach of the where the explosives were set. “There’s some kind of black spot, none of their cameras cover that section of track for about five meters, if they had access to that information then that’s probably why they chose that section to target.”