Bond Mates - Chapter 31 Revelations

Copyright © 2012 Kirsty Moseley

Chapter 31 - Revelations

Ryce’s grandfather smiled at me, and awed expression on his face as he bustled into the room. Clearly they were satisfied with the outcome of the experiments that they’d done today. Colin wasn’t exactly awed though - his expression was actually a little frightened, nervous even.

“Mr Houston, thank you for participating, no doubt you found most of those tests very tedious but I’m sure you can appreciate that we needed to be sure. Thousands of years have passed and then all of a sudden you pop out of the woodwork claiming to be the one.”

“I’m not claiming anything - you think I want this? Trust me, I’m hoping you’re going to send us packing and laugh at me,” I countered, standing up because I felt a little small sitting down when they were both standing.

“The council have convened again. We’d like to discuss your test results with you,” he said.

“Will my wife be included in this meeting? I don’t like having her away from me when there are all these shifters around, I can’t settle properly. I’m sure you understand, you said you were bonded yourself,” I asked, raising an eyebrow at him curiously.

He nodded quickly. “Mrs Houston is being taken to the meeting room as we speak,” he answered. “We’re convened in a room here so we don’t have to trudge across the city again at this time of night.”

As soon as he mentioned the time I immediately felt tired. Glancing at my watch I noticed that it was already after ten. We’d obviously been doing tests longer than I thought. My body still wasn’t used to the time zones either - couple that with the fact that I hadn’t slept right since we got to England and that just made this day seem even longer.

“Come with us then,” Roland chirped.

I followed him out of the room, silently calling Tyler in my head and asking if she was okay. She assured me that she was fine - apparently she was heading to someplace too. They’d told her that she was going to meet me.

I didn’t pay much attention to where we were going as I followed them down the white sterile hallways. They obviously weren’t interested in talking to me as they stalked away.

A couple of minutes later I walked into a big board room that harboured a huge oval table in the middle. The other council members were already sitting around, looking apprehensive but excited at the same time. Some of them beamed at me, shifting in their seats, one of them nudged the guy sitting next to him and leant into to whisper something.

Suddenly happiness boiled in my stomach, but I knew it wasn’t my feeling, it was Tyler’s. I could hear her heartbeat stutter as she squealed quietly. I turned and smiled just as she ran towards me, throwing her arms around my neck, crushing her body against mine. I smiled and pressed my face into the side of her head, breathing in the scent of her hair.

‘Hey, baby,’ I sent to her head.

She sighed, gripping her hand in the back of my hair. “I missed you so much, Sean,” she whispered.

I smiled and felt my tense body relax because she was back in my arms again - just where she belonged. “I missed you too. I’m just looking forward to getting out of here and getting those pancakes in bed from your vision,” I joked, kissing her forehead.

Someone cleared their throat behind us so I turned in time to see Roland and Colin take their places at the head of the table. “Maybe you two should take a seat? We have some things we’d like to discuss with you,” Roland suggested, smiling apologetically. He probably didn’t like having to interrupt our little reunion or something.