Chapter 34 ~ The Sun Must Set to Rise

A/N: Guess what this is? The last chapter. Enjoy~!

Kris

    "Have you seen her yet?" Riley asked. She was dressed in a white shirt, its sleeves rolled up to her elbows, and a teal vest. Her hair was down, strands from the front were tied in the back.

    "No, we said we'd wait to see each other," I reminded her.

    "It's cute that way," Sherry explained. She was curling my hair. By now, she was dressed and ready to go. Her elegant, teal dress touched the floor. Her arms and chest were covered with lace, like Sophie's and Jo's dresses, but hers was filled in with light fabric to hide her skin. Of course, her outfit was complete with a pretty, teal hijab. "Okay, you're done!" Sherry announced.

    "You look really pretty," Riley told me.

    "Aw thanks dude."

    "You're welcome dude."

    "Look in the mirror!" Sherry exclaimed.

    There was a tall mirror on the wall, and I was led to it. I was staring at myself in a cream-colored mermaid gown with a ruffled skirt. Shocked, I covered my mouth. Sherry placed the veil on my head. I was beautiful.

    A little more than a year after reuniting with Kit, I was preparing for our wedding in Riley's and Sherry's apartment.

Kit

    I arrived at the church before Kris, Riley, and Sherry did. With me I had Sophie, Jo, and my sister Addy. I was so thankful for Addy's support. She had never stopped loving me, and she accepted my identity even though she didn't quite understand it.

    "You all look so pretty. I've never seen you in a dress, Jo," I smiled. Jo, Sophie, and my sister all wore the teal bridesmaid dresses. It was the only dress Kris and I had picked out together. Kris's wedding dress was still a mystery to me.

    "I don't mind wearing a dress for fancy things," Jo shrugged. She turned to Sophie. "Are you girlfriends coming?"

    "Yep!" Sophie grinned.

    "Can I meet them?" Jo asked.

    "Oh sure... you should all meet them." Just then, Sophie got a text. Her eyes widened, and she pushed me to face the church.

    "What're you doing!" I laughed.

    "You're gonna see Kris, but it has to be dramatic. You're gonna turn around and see her, okay?" Sophie explained.

    "Well okay." Only a minute later, I heard a car pull up. Then its doors opened and closed, and I could hear the grass crunching under people's feet.

    Sophie walked in front of me, telling me not to turn around until everyone said that I could. Suddenly, Sherry giddily announced that we could turn around. Cautiously, I turned to face Kris. both of us gasped. We were both in beautiful gowns, but Kris looked like an angel. Before I knew it, my eyes were stinging with impending tears. I was overwhelmed with her beauty. Happily, Kris wrapped her arms around me, giving me a kiss.

    "Now you have to go in the church, because the guests are coming," Addy told us. We headed inside.

Kris

    The time came for us to walk down the aisle. Holding each other's hands and our bouquets, we passed our friends and family. Kit had a few relatives come, but her parents never showed up. They didn't know what they were missing. There were also her friends from all the groups and clubs she had attended as well as old friends from college. Our friends' friends were invited too, so the seats were easily filled. Most of my family was here, including Liliana who was one of the bridesmaids.