Anger issues

Specifically anger issues, but these tips could help with other emotional outbursts as well. 

-Breathe in for a count of four, hold for a count of four, and exhale for a count of four. Focus on. your air and nothing else. Make sure you are breathing with your diaphragm rather than with your chest. When you breathe with your diaphragm, your belly extends out (you can feel it with your hand).Do this as many times as necessary until you start feeling calmer.

- Go for a walk or run and focus on the details of where you are. Distract yourself with the new environment. 

- Think of something funny or maybe even stupid. Force memories of pleasant feelings.

- Think of tons of fun things that have happened to you. Not just fun, it could be lucky, intimate, or just plain nice things that have happened to you. I like to think of the time where I talked in class to a group of classmates and everyone ignored me, but a nice guy whispered next to me that he was glad to hear what I had to say. Or another time when I was really young and I went camping and a small bird sat on a fence next to me, and I reached my hands towards it and it let me touch it! You had to seen it to believe it.