Gender Dysphoria

If you or a friend or family member are struggling with gender dysphoria, use these tips and basic pieces of information to help guide you on the new journey of you. I am only one person, I urge you to find my legitimate sources of  help, asking for more help is always okay :) 

- If you or someone in your life is dealing with personal body issues, a first step  to overcome this is communication. Organize your thoughts and plans with yourself or whoever you trust. Writing your ideas and plans will help relax your mind with contradicting and questioning thoughts on your present and future. 

- Bodies do not defend genders ;) 

- Talk to doctors! EvolveTreatment.com says "...It's in your child's best interest to find someone, if possible, who understands the unique challenges of teens struggling with gender identity issues. Your family doctor or pediatrician may be able to give you a referral or recommendation."

-  If sadly the above tip is not possible,  use the online community for help! Online chatrooms, websites, or bloggers on social media are great to find friends or people who are knowledge in what you are going through due to personal experience or because they are professionals or have specialties in this area!

- The Trevor Project! "Founded in 1998 by the creators of the Academy Award®-winning short film TREVOR, The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ) young people under 25" Website is TheTrevorProject.org 

- Thebodyisnotanapology.com is a great website to go through to help with not only gender dysphoria issues but general body and sexuality issues as well. They have a big community and help with issues also regarding aging, weight, disability, mental health, race, and disability! They also sell books regarding these topics and post all the time! You can also join their self love community by signing up! Great articles and stories fill this website and its a great way to learn about these issues even if you don't particularly have to personally deal with them.

-  Never shut down your own feelings or bottle everything up! Talk to people online, friends, even strangers chatrooms! (pls be safe and cautious to who you talk to and how!) School counselors are great if you attend high school or college too! There are also therapists or online therapists who can do really well as well. Communication does not have to be the only way to express how you feel! Art, writing, and general creative work is a great way to display how you feel.

-  "Find/use items that aid in expressing your gender and makes you feel more confident in yourself - binders, packers, STPs (stand-to-pee devices), breast forms, panty girdles, padded underwear, makeup, clothes, shoes, accessories, hair removal items, hair styling products" -TelethonKids.org.au

   - Pinterest and tumblr have great ways on how to help aid in your gender journey if you choose to alternate how you look! Diys and step by step tutorials are found easily on there. Also, do not give up when it comes to pricings! Amazon and eBay is you're friend! You can also always have specific things sent to friends, teachers, coworkers or trustworthy neighbors if it is risky to have them sent to your homes. 

- You are you and let people know that. Letting people you are comfortable knowing you're preferred pronouns goes a long way, and can automatically make you feel more of what you believe yourself to be. 

- Research! Research! Research! THE INTERNET IS YOU'RE FRIEND! You can search up anything on the internet and get your answer! 

- https://www.telethonkids.org.au/our-research/brain-and-behaviour/mental-health-and-youth/youth-mental-health/sparx-t/coping-with-gender-dysphoria/

the above link is a great list of ways to help yourself with this journey of yours! I read through it and found a lot of the information helpful and easy!