Chapter 1

Harmony P.O.V

I'm so nervous about starting high school. I've heard about this place, and they say it's a jungle in there. But I have nothing to worry about. I'm here to get my education and get good grades, not worry about these stupid ass hoes that doesn't want to do anything with their life.

This school year is gonna be full of distractions. There's gonna be boys all around and I know they're going to try to get with me and shit. That's the main reason guys stay in school: pussy. If I get a boyfriend, that'll be a fucking miracle.

They claim they only fuck bad bitches. Well, they can skip me because I'm NOT a bad bitch, nor I am a BITCH! There's nothing bad about me. Yes, I grew an ass, but that still doesn't mean I'm a bad bitch. Guys claim they only fuck mixed and foreign girls, which is something else I'm NOT!

I'm black, and I'm so confused about why girls lie about being who they are. They say stupid shit like, "I'm black and Spanish!" or "My momma side of the family is Asian." There's no excuse why they should be doing this. Are they embarrassed to be black or something?

Anyway, my ass is kind of fat and I have a pretty face. I may be light skin, but I'm not stuck up. I may have long, black hair, but I'm not mixed. I may look like the type of person to go fuck a million guys, but I'm not.

"Have a good day today." my rants were interrupted by my mom's voice.

"Okay. Love you." I gave her a quick hug and got out the car.

I heard mom's car kind of speed off. Damn, I'm officially going here. Officially a George Washington High School Eagle. Shit officially got real! But the bad part about this is I already see a girl twerking her ass off near the football field and she's being surrounded by a bunch of guys recording her.

This is the type of world we live in now, I guess. I sighed and went into the building. As soon as I opened the door, kids were everywhere! There were some ninth graders who were shorter than me trying to go find their class, tenth graders playing Hit The Quan really loud and getting turnt up, eleventh graders just chilling, and twelfth graders acting like they better than everyone.

I pulled out my schedule they gave me and went to my locker. I'm so glad I get to take this heavy ass bag from-

"I'm sick of you following me around everywhere. When will it get through your head that we're NOT together anymore!" my thoughts were interrupted by a guy arguing with a girl. There's like a bunch of kids in this hall, so they turned their attention to them.

"But I love you! Why can't you get that through YOUR head!" the girl said. Oh shit, that's the girl who was twerking near the football field.

"Did I NOT just see you shaking your fat ass in front of my friends? AND I saw it on fucking Snapchat before my mom dropped me off." the guy started walking off. I caught a glimpse of his face. He's really cute. He has perfect curly hair and pink pulp lips.

The girl grabbed his arm and turned him around. "You can't just break up with me!"

"Goodbye Desiree." the guy's voice sounded irritated.

"That's why you got a small dick! And that's why I sucked five of your friend's dicks!" Desiree really started to get ghetto. Some people were yelling "thot", "hoe", and "bitch" at her. She was rolling her eyes at them and was twisting her ass extra hard and swaying her hips while she was walking down the hall.

"What the fuck you looking at?!" she said to me while she was trying to strut.

I just rolled my eyes at her and continued to get my stuff. I didn't even realize the guy she was arguing with had a locker right next to mine.

"Don't worry about her. She's just a thot, that's all." he said.

He was taller than me. He was light skin and had sort of fleek eyebrows. I have to be careful. Light skin boys are the worse.

"I'm Lucas." he had his hand out for me to shake. I don't wanna be rude, so I introduce myself too.

"Harmony."

"You have a beautiful name."

I'm not going to lie, that was really sweet!! But I'm not catching feelings. At least not on the first day of high school.

"Thank you."

"You welcome." he winked at me and walked off to his class.

My phone vibrated like a million times, which meant I had a bunch of texts. They were from my three best friends. I have friends, but they're all fake. I only trust 3, and that's why I consider them my best friends. On the other hand, the fake "friends" come in my face and be nice and shit, then they talk shit about me. I'm not having that drama this year!

Anyway, I open the group chat conversation. All of the texts were from Chanel, Jourdan, and Candace. They were all asking me where I was and what is taking me so long. I texted them back and said I was on my way to homeroom.

Closing my locker, I made my way into my homeroom class. My best friends were very excited to see me. They were sitting at the front of the class. We always sit at the front. Shit, we wanna graduate high school!

They saved me a seat at the front. But I really didn't see who was on the other side of me. It was the guy who has the locker next to mine: Lucas.

When we made eye contact, he winked at me and smiled, exposing that cute little dimple on his cheek.

"Harmony!" Candace snapped in my face. She's sitting to my right. I hurried and turned to her attention.

"What?" I asked.

"Do you have second lunch?" she asked.

"No, I have third lunch."

"Shit, am I the only one with first lunch?" Chanel said, getting mad.

"Yes bitch, you are! I have third lunch too!" Jourdan said excitedly.

"Good, I'm not alone." I said.

The bell rung and everyone started getting settled. Our homeroom teacher Ms. Lewis was a pretty cool teacher. She's not that type of teacher to get on your ass every chance she gets. She gives us our space, which is what we need.