Chapter 14

Harmony P.O.V

My eyes were closed, and I kept hearing a beeping sound. The noise was sort of faint. It eventually got a little clearer. Then I heard sniffing sounds, too. I would open my eyes, but I don't want to.

My head is taken over by fuzzy feeling. It hurts really bad. And I'm still sleepy, so what's the point of opening my eyes. But I kind of have to, because I want to know where these sounds are coming from.

I slowly opened them. I let out a deep sigh. Now there's more parts of my body aching in pain. Especially my arms. Even my back.

Not to mention, my neck.

It's like I'm paralyzed or something because I can't move. Maybe it's because I don't want to.

Anyway, I groaned to myself. This room that I'm apparently in is an ugly shade of off white. And my sight is blurry. It makes me wanna just go back to sleep. But then...there was a voice.

"Harmony?" A lady asked.

I knew it was a woman due to the softness to the voice. After that, a figure came close to me. Due to my vision being very cloudy, I could only see a body and not a face.

"She's awake!" The lady excitedly said.

The energy around me felt as if there were even more people surrounding me. And then there was something bright flashing in my face. The look of it looks weird. The light looks like a puffy, white cloud.

"Ms. Daniels? Can you see this light?" A strange man's voice asked. "It's Doctor Victor speaking here."

"Yes. I can see it." I struggled to say. "But it looks...it looks...puffy."

"Is your vision blurry, Ms. Daniels?" He asked.

"Very."

There was a fidgety sound coming from my left.

"I'm gonna need you to sit up." Dr. Victor said.

"I'm afraid I can't, sir. My body hurts." I said, very honest.

"Okay, just be still. And make sure you keep your eyes open. I'm about to put some eye drops into your eyes." He said.

Moments later, I felt a hand on my face. Then, the cold liquid made contact with both of my eyes. As I started blinking, my vision was getting better. Now I can see better.

"Is that better?" The doctor asked.

"Yes."

Dr. Victor grabbed his clipboard. "I'll be back in a few minutes. When I come back, I'm going to be running some tests."

Then I heard the door close.

"I'm so happy you woke up!" Jourdan said, holding my hand.

I smiled. My parents, Jourdan and her mom, and Destin and his twin sister, Daisy, were all here. And they all returned a smile back.

"I knew you were gonna be okay." Destin said.

I noticed that my parents weren't saying a word. That's weird. Usually at times like this, they'll attack me with questions! But this time, something is very fishy.

"Um, do you mind if you guys leave us alone with Harmony?" My dad asked.

Everyone else nodded and left the room.

"Harmony," my mom said, bringing a chair next to the hospital bed. "Me and your father need to have a serious talk with you."

"Okay..." I said, confused. "What are we talking about?"

"You...and your...cuts." My dad said.

Oops...I forgot I cut myself. Keeping that a secret didn't last long. Oh well. They know now.

"How long have you been doing this to yourself?" My mom asked.

"I...can't remember." I said.

I lied right through my white teeth. I knew exactly when I started. I started the day Candace started talking shit about me.

"Why did you do this to yourself? You lost so much blood that you passed out!" My dad flipped out.

"Stress." I said.

"Well, that kind of freshman would be going through that much stress?!" He yelled.

I didn't say anything after he said that. All I could do was look at him with no emotion. Right now, I think I just realized that cutting myself was really irrelevant. I didn't have to do that type of damage to myself. Letting Candace get to me was stupid as fuck...

"Are you even listening to us?!" My mom asked.

"Yeah." I lied.

"Okay then," my dad crossed his arms. "What did your mom just say to you?"

"Are you even listening to us?" I said.

"No! Before that!"

Damn. I was caught in my lie.

***Three Days Later

"You'll love it here! I promise!" Daisy said.

Daisy is Destin's twin sister. Daisy goes to Aristotle High. I don't know why she didn't want to be at the same school with her brother. But whatever.

"Is it boring here?" Jourdan asked.

"It seems like it from the outside and the name, but it really isn't. We just like to focus on our education. Unlike GW." Daisy said.

Destin and Daisy's mom is dropping all of us off. The car ride wasn't very long.

"I'm going to miss you two." Destin said.

"I'm gonna miss you, too." I said.

Me, Jourdan, and Destin all shared a group hug.

"Don't forget about me!" He said.

"We won't!" Jourdan and I said in unison.

We got out the car and shit the door. Next thing I knew, the car sped off.

"Come on, guys. Lets go and get your schedules." Daisy said.

She went on and walked into the school. But me and Jourdan didn't follow her. We just stood there and looked at the big school. It's very breathtaking.

"You ready to go in?" Jourdan asked me.

"Yeah. Promise we don't lose each other in this huge ass school?" I asked.

She laughed. "I promise. I just hope Daisy doesn't do it!"