Chapter 10

Harmony P.O.V

Today was a very boring day. None of my friends were at school with me. They were at home. And I was basically here by myself with other students I don't associate with, honestly. At least the wicked bitches weren't here!

Since today was a half of day, we got out early. My mom got here in no time, and we went home. Now it's time for Christmas break to begin!

"What's up with you? You've been kind of. . . .depressed?" My mom said as we came in the house.

"It's nothing! School has just been a big pain, that's all."

She gave me that 'look' parents give you. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

Then she gave up. "Okay."

I went upstairs and went in my room. Closing the door behind me, I flopped on my bed. Then that necklace came to my mind. I don't know why, but it did. So I went under my bed and got the box.

I opened it just to see that beautiful necklace. The music note was cute, too. It's not actually a music note, it's a treble clef. But it's still a music note, right?

Anyway, I appreciate Lucas giving me this gift. He didn't have to buy it for me. It must've cost him a lot of money! But it's still a thoughtful gift, though. Now I'm thinking about giving him a little call to thank him.

But should I?

I mean, it's a nice thing to do. Especially if it has to do with something expensive. So I gave in and called him. Yes, I still have his number. I kept it in case I needed him. . . .

But that's not important.

I called him and he answered after the third ring.

"Wassup." He said.

"Hi." I said nervously.

"You looked in your gift, didn't you?"

Wow, how did he even know?

I giggled. "Kind of."

"I told you not to open it until Christmas!"

"I know. . . .but I was curious!"

Lucas then softly laughed. "It's alright, I guess. So do you like it?"

"Like it? I love it!" I said.

"Well, I knew you would. I know how much you liked music. And I knew you would mostly prefer gold than silver."

"How'd you figure out that I liked gold way better than silver?"

"It was easy. You're always wearing a gold necklace. And you always wear those gold rings you got from Aeropostale. Silver has never been on your body!"

"Yeah, true."

Does he actually pay that close attention to me? No one has ever been that observant towards me. Especially a boy. Who knows a fuck boy that does that? Yeah, NO fuck boy does that!

There was kind of an awkward silence between us, so I decided to break it. "I just called to thank you for the gift, that's all."

"You don't have to thank me."

"Yes I do! You probably paid a lot o-" Lucas cut me off.

"Don't worry about that, alright? I just wanted to give you a little something-something. Price doesn't matter. But the gift from the heart does. . . ."

Then I heard him sigh. "Damn, I sound soft as fuck!"

"No," I said. "You don't. You actually sound really sweet, to be honest with you."

"So now you wanna call me sweet after you call me a fuck boy?" He said.

There was silence after. For some reason, that kind of hit me. I don't know why, but it did. Is he a fuck boy like I thought he was? Or is he. . . .actually different?

I didn't know what to say. His breathing patterns were all I heard. Then my heartbeat was growing a little loud in my ears. Shit, can he hear it?

"Look, I gotta go. Talk to you soon. Hopefully." He said.

"Well, b-" I got cut off by my phone making that noise when someone hangs up.

Damn. I just put my phone on the nightstand and laid down on my pillow. I'd never thought I'd second guess him being a fuck boy. But I am. Maybe he was right. I'm doing that stereotypical shit he was talking about.

I'm judging him by his looks. I don't know I why. He never did anything to me! The only thing he did was make me realize who my real friends are. And that was a big one!

There was a little tingling feeling inside of me. It was at the pit of my stomach. I really can't describe it, though. But it kind of felt weird. I sort of got it when I thought of Lucas.

Is it because I'm falling for him?

Wow, I'm falling for someone! But I'm too young, though. Well, in my opinion I am. I just started high school a few months ago and I'm already falling for someone hard. Shit, I haven't even started driving yet!

And I think I pretty much ruined my chances with him, anyway. The way that he just hung up on me says a lot. And who would want me anyway? I'm not a bad bitch like every other girl.

He can have any girl he wants. And it's definitely not me. I just know it's not. I have no ass! Nor do I have any "boobs" either. So why would he want me?

This whole situation is too much for me. So I guess I'll just wait until January 6th for us to see each other face to face. . . .