2: Missing 'Home'

'Hi guys! Rin again. Now we'll kick off the actual story! Please read and vote!!'

Mirrin's POV

Maybe it's wrong to to feel this way, but I can't help it. Stepping out of the airport, Seoul already feels like...home. Home. Even the air smells like home. I feel free. 

But it isn't actually. Tokyo's my home. It's the home of both my parents, at least. If not Tokyo, then I should at least consider LA my home since I studied there from kindergarten to grade 5, then from my junior to senior year. And if not LA, then the next place I could call home would be Guangzhou, China, where I went to international school from grade 6 to freshman year. 

But not Seoul. I mean, I've never even been here to stay. My parents only brought me here 6 years ago for a business meeting when I was 10. And the last time I was here...Well...I met the boy I had my first crush on. Funny thing is, I don't even remember his name anymore. Call it naive, or call it stupid that I still think of meeting him someday, but, come on. Let a girl daydream. 

Even now as I'm sitting in the back of the limousine watching the city lights of Seoul flash by while my parents and another couple chatter good-naturedly, I'm staring at the faded out photo of a little boy and girl sleeping under a cherry blossom tree wondering if I'll somehow bump into him on the streets of Seoul. Might it be at a cafe? A library? A classical piano concert? 

Unconsciously I start tugging at the navy blue bandana on my right wrist like I do whenever I'm thinking hard. He gave it to me. 

Haha, classical music. As if he'd ever listen to classical music. Even at 10 he was into rap and swag and hip and hop. Annoying music that I didn't like and never will enjoy. Music was the only thing we disagreed wholeheartedly on. Honestly though, he might not even be in Seoul anymore, and I'll probably never see or recognize him again, get married to another guy someday, and I'll laugh thinking of that boy who was a part of my childish fantasies. 

"Mirrin-chan? Mirrin?" Okasan's voice snaps me out of my daydream and I quickly smile back at her. "There you go thinking with that scary serious face again. You're not worrying about skipping school and koto lessons in LA, are you? It's aaaalright to skip the last few days of Junior year! We even let you bring your koto with you this time!" she laughs, "We're here already, Rin-chan, get your butt off the car before Driver Park decides to drive away with you." 

"Okasan! I'm not worrying about school, and don't use the word butt even in front of Uncle and Auntie Jeon!" I yell-whisper, scrunching my nose while trying not to laugh. Papa, Uncle and Auntie Jeon obviously hears me and I hear them stifling a laugh too, before we all burst out laughing as we walk into the foyer of the Jeon's beautiful mansion where I would be spending the first few weeks of my summer holidays.

________________________

"And this room is all yours for these few weeks, darling" Auntie Jeon smiles, after having shown me around their mansion. It was a mix of modern and European, with modern white bedrooms opening to beautiful rose-vine balconies, simplistic but elegant study rooms overlooking a swimming pool that was made to look like an mini oasis, and a dining hall with a wide glass window looking out to an enchanting maze garden. 

I really liked it here. It wasn't overdone with chandeliers or gold gilded pillars and all, like all the other mansions of Okasan and Otosan's friends we had stayed their business travels. The Jeon's mansion was  enchanting yet equally simple, just like our house back in Tokyo. It felt much less imposing. 

"You can shower and come down for dinner afterwards" Auntie Jeon says, before turning to the door, "There are people you should meet."

"T-thank you," I managed to stutter, before mentally slapping myself. Stuttering again. I've never been the most graceful when it came people I've never met, but these were my parents' close friends. 

"It's nothing, darling," and then she winks at me. "Dress nice! There will be handsome boys!" 

I let out a laugh after she closes the door. Both Auntie Jeon and Okasan  love to tease, then. Okasan and I have a relationship other girls would envy. She's the 'cool-mom' who squeals at cute guys and tries to matchmake them with me while I'm the cold daughter who doesn't have much fun. Perhaps for my lack of interest, she made up with enthusiasm. 

Besides, I have school and koto to focus on. 

________________________

"That's second chapter everyone! Hope you liked it; please vote and comment! I'm open for any ideas you'd like to see in the story so message or comment and I'll try my best. 

Hearteu hearteu~ Rin!"