16: I'll give it back to you

Mirrin's POV

I woke up really early today but I didn't feel like going downstairs. I know I have to apologize and explain a few thing to Seungcheol, Wonwoo, and Ming, but Im really just...I don't know how to approach them.

Running away again, a voice chastises me.

I groan and roll over in my bed. My head hurts from staying up so late last night. But then I remember the way Seungcheol looked up at me through his eyelashes, grinning so hopefully...And the way his lips pressed against mine..I

No no no, stop it Mirrin.

As I quickly wash up, I force myself to think of last night, sitting under the night sky with Joshua and watching him smile, and the thought of that itself brings a grin to my face that I try hard to hide.

I kick the covers off and jump back around in the bed after changing, my head now at the foot of the bed and my feet resting against the bed head. I wrap my arms and legs around the pillow and sigh. I don't feel like going downstairs just yet.

Knock knock.

That's someone knocking at my door, I think. Please not be any one of them...please please please let it not be..please please-

"It's me, Rin-ah," I hear Ming speak. Ah. Thank goodness its Minghao. I slump over to the door while still hugging my pillow and unlock it before trudging back to my bed.

I hear him close the door gently behind him before follow me. I feel him settle on the foot of my bed, stretching as he did.

I curled up with my pillow across the middle of the bed.

"So...what happened last night?" He asks in a cheery, curious voice.

"Nothing much really."

I feel him lie down on the bed.

"Mmmm..." He hums, unconvinced. What was I expecting? My best friend wasn't going to be fooled by yours truly- the worst liar in the world.

I kept quiet for a while before gaining to confidence.

"Well, first off, your hyung stole my first kiss" I say casually, trying my best not to reveal any emotion because, really, I myself didn't quite know what to feel about it. I wanted to blame him, be angry, but for some reason..I couldn't.

The room was suddenly very quiet. Usually Mingming wouldn't keep quiet and would rather laugh it off or make a joke to make me feel better, so this was weird.
I turned over in my bed to see why he was being so quiet, only to come face to face to him.

Our faces were close.

Too close.

The tip of his nose was almost touching mine.

And we were lying on my bed.

My eyes widened in shock and I tried to shuffle back, but then I felt a hand steady around my waist and I froze.

"Ming-"
"Which hyung?" He asked quietly.
His hand was still around me. As best friends we hugged a lot and stuff, but this...felt different.
"Ming-" I protested again.

"Which hyung?" He asked again quietly, but this time his voice was no longer the playful, gentle one I was used to. It was strained, protective, and maybe even a little angry.