November 8th, 2017

Dear Diary,

Phil's parents came to visit today. They try to come as often as they can, even if it's only once every other month. Regardless, I appreciate the effort they make with us. They pretty much treat me like their own son, and I honestly feel more loved by them than I ever did by my own biological family. It's crazy how just one thing about you can change the way people see you for a lifetime; in my case, being gay was simply too much for my family to handle. I remember at first, when Phil and I adopted Dillon and we moved into our first proper house together, Phil's family were so excited for us. My parents will never know about any of it. Sometimes I get kind of envious at how secure Phil's family are, and how supportive and loving they are of eachother. But then I remind myself that I am also part of that family, and that gives me the most warming feeling of security that I've ever experienced.

Phil got a promotion at work today, too. I think he's like assistant manager now or something. He works in a games store in town, so he's close to home if he needs to leave quickly for whatever reason. It's nice because we get a steady income, we can support ourselves and our family with the money he's making, and he's also doing something he enjoys. I can't begin to describe how nice it is to see him come home from work every weekday evening with a huge smile on his face. Seeing Phil happy makes me happy and his smile is honestly the most beautiful thing I have ever laid eyes on. Dillon is also rather beautiful. He smiles at me every single morning when I go to get him out of his crib, and it melts my heart every single time. Damn, I really am so lucky. I am so happy.

Signing out,

Dan :)