November 24th, 2017

Dear Diary,

Despite not being someone to get particularly aggressive or overly angry, but today definitely showed people a different side to me. Phil and I took Dil to the park and we were both taking turns to push the stroller, and when we got to the park all we were doing was sitting on an old wooden bench, enjoying eachother's company and holding Dil on our laps. A woman, who must've been in her sixties at least, kept giving us the rudest and dirtiest looks and I tried to ignore it, until she came over to us. She had the nerve to say to us, "You're not setting a good example to the children."

When I asked her what she meant, she said, "Homosexuality is wrong and the fact it's believed to be acceptable is appalling. I don't know what's wrong with society. You're going against what humans were created for: you can't reproduce and keep the earth alive."

I swear I could've kicked off if Phil hadn't dragged me away and told me it was pathetic. I know what she'd said was wrong and that I shouldn't have let it get to me, but her words keep playing over and over in my head. I know it's not wrong to be in love with another man and I am proud to be gay, but it just bothers me that for some people, it's still such a big crime. I hope things change one day; I'm fed up of being picked at for what makes me happy, and who I am.

Signing out,

Dan :(