November 30th, 2017

Dear Diary,

MY IMMUNE SYSTEM SUCKS! Somehow, in the space of twenty four hours, I've managed to come down with a cold. I'm now beginning to look back on all the times when I could actually breathe and I'm regretting taking them for granted. Oh the things I'd do to be able to breathe through my nose. Phil says I kept waking him up during the night because I was coughing so much. I think someone needs to be more considerate towards the DYING. Maybe dying is an exaggeration, but whatever.

I'm trying not to make too much close contact with Dil in case I pass anything onto him. I don't want to ruin his magical Christmas by giving him a cold - the poor kid wouldn't know what had hit him. Therefore, I'm leaving Phil to do most of the dirty nappy changing, the bathing, feeding, etc. I feel bad that he's doing so much but he insists he doesn't mind - he seems happy enough. I'll return to my fatherly responsibilities as soon as this god damn cold goes away.

On another note, Christmas is right around the corner and I can't wait! Although I realised earlier it's going to be my first year of having to cook a full blown Christmas dinner. Phil's family are coming over to spend Christmas Day with us and we've got the job of the cooking. I hope they won't mind burnt turkey and potatoes..

Signing out,

Dan :)