Chapter 3: He Didn't Even Say Sorry!

Jummah Mubarak everyone, wherever you are! :)

I walked into Starbucks shivering and rubbing my hands together to ease the coldness. It was pretty packed for five on a Friday morning. As I made my way towards the cash register to order, I spotted a baby boy eating a chocolate cake pop with icing all over his mouth. It was absolutely adorable kids were so cute. I looked away with a smile on my face, walking closer as the line came to an end.

"Hey Nouran, what can I get you?" Laura, the cash register asked.

She had short blond curls and dark brown cat eyes. They all knew me pretty well since I paid a visit almost every other day.

"Hey! Um, I'd like to order the Grande Ferrero Rocher Frappuccino. I have my phone so you can look at the recipe," I said.

My usual on a winter day was the Breakfast Blend. It brought a soothingness no other could. However, I was more of a frappuccino girl, and even though it was 25 degrees outside, I still wanted one today.

"Girl, it's freezing outside!" Laura chuckled. She took a cup and put my name and the order on it.

After paying and waiting about 15 minutes for my drink, I grabbed it and sat down in one of the corner chairs, across from the boy with the cake pop. I waved smiling at him, and he smiled back. Aww! I quickly sipped about half my frappucino while scrolling down my phone when Anam called me.

"Hello," I answered.

"Where are you, and why aren't you here yet?" Anam asked.

Confused, I looked at the clock across from me and I still had an hour left. My heart started beating my body frantic and alert.

"Anam is everything okay, is it a patient?" I rushed out of Starbucks, my scarf flying sporadically around my coat.

"Nouran, calm down. Everything is fine! I think I just spotted the new young neurosurgeon. I don't see a wedding band... hm, I think he's single and so masha'Allah!" Anam squealed.

I stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and looked around the town center, everything looked so pretty with all the holiday decor, lights, and the snow. "Anam, are you serious? I was freaking out!"

"Okay, I'm sorry. Just come quick! I've been here for an hour, vomited on twice, and an old man asked me to shave his armpits." I laughed at Anam.

"Good you deserve it," I said while I walked to my car. I looked to the left to check for any cars, there weren't any so I kept going.

"OOF," I hit my head on the hardest wall and slipped on the ice. Before I could fall on my back, someone held me against them and everything seemed to stop. Wall? What? I rubbed my forehead, my eyes tightly closed together.

"Nouran, you klutz. Did you fall? Oh my Allah, karma baby!" Anam yelled through the phone.

I held the phone away from my ear and finally opened my eyes to be met with the prettiest pair of eyes I'd ever seen. They weren't fully blue or brown, a mix of the two.... Nouran, what the heck! I quickly straightened up and the stranger looked absolutely furious with the snow swirling angrily around us. Why did he look so upset? He's the one that bumped into me and touched me. UGH!

"I'll see you at the hospital!" I briskly told Anam and ended the call before she could finish whatever she about to say. He was still staring at me, furious, nostrils flaring, and everything.

What was he looking at? Astagfirullah! And then I looked down and saw that his black expensive looking suit was dripping with hazelnut syrup and whip cream. He even had a huge chocolate stain right in the middle of his ice blue shirt, his striped tie dripping with liquid.