Chapter 10: I Do

EEEEE!!! I'm so excited! :)

I tried buttoning up the back of my lehenga top, but couldn't reach the buttons in the middle. Sabr walked up to me and buttoned up my back one by one. "Thank you," I said as I looked at her through the mirror.

"You're welcome!" she said.

She was wearing a pale pink long gown with silver and white designs on the top half and it flowed freely from the waist down, her hair curled and pulled back in a loose bun. All the girls from our side were wearing the same dress including Sabr, Anam, Bhabi, Caitlyn and Ghaziya Bhabi and my other cousins. It was supposed to go along with the theme and Mama wore a light pink and white sari as well. The guys from our side were all wearing simple white sherwani's with mint green stitching to match me.

My lehenga was sea green adrorned with silver work and beads. The blouse came right below my stomach meeting the skirt. It was extremely heavy and my tall sliver stilettos did little to help me from toppling over.

I had been woken up at six o'clock in the morning only getting about two and a half hours of sleep. I prayed, took a shower and was thrown into makeup and hair with dark circles and wet hair. The makeup and hair in itself took four hours and now it was noon time. My hair was put into an intricate bun. It looked like a flower in the back and the front was loosely twisted. My skin was cream and roses, my eyes were glittery light pink and black smokey. My lips were stained peony pink and my eyelashes extremely long due to the fake lashes. The eyeliner and kajal were heavy but it worked. My jewelry was silver for the most part with emeralds.

I was physically ready, but I had mentally prepared myself last night. Insha'Allah, Wallahu alam. Everyone was quick on their feet and yelling orders throughout the whole house. It was extremely chaotic and I had a migraine since I had woken up. Bhabi had forced me into having breakfast and taking medication just so it didn't get worse later on.

Bhabi and Anam packed my last minute things into my suitcase. I hadn't trusted them one bit with packing my luggage, but they insisted it was a favor they were doing for me.

"Nourie's going to have to ask Izhar to unbutton her blouse," Bhabi said as she folded a new jai namaz for me to take.

"That's not going to happen. This isn't some Bollywood movie Bhabi! I'm not a damsel in distress and neither will I be," I chuckled.

"Yeah, uh huh! You can't even button them up without help so how are you going to unbutton them?" Anam smirked.

"If I can't, then I'll just ask Imaan or Huda Appi to help me," I said.

All three of them chuckled at my naivety and picked up my heavy dupatta from my bed. The edges of the dupatta had small matching silver balls that grazed my forehead. The pieces of head jewelry were adjusted so that it wouldn't slip right over. I was surely going to have a worse migraine from all this jewelry and the heavy dupatta.

After they were done trying to perfect me, they gave me group hug. "Haye, Izhar Bhai is so in for it!" Anam squealed.

******

I was taken into a side room of the banquet hall to wait for the Imaam until he came to ask for my consent. My immediate family members sat with me while all the other guests were inside the banquet hall with the Imaam and Izhar. My heart thumped hard and my palms were sweating. I could feel my fingers starting to freeze. I sat up taller and Bhabi held me from the back when it was announced that the Imaam and the witnesses and Wakeel were coming to take my cosent. Sabr came in front of me and gave a reassuring smile. Anam told all the ladies to get ready since the Imaam and witnesses were coming inside.