Chapter 28: Izhar Will Never Say Goodbye To His Nour

I'm stuck at home because of the Jonas Blizzard, and we made #2 in Spiritual on January 23rd, 2016!!! :D This chapter is 7,533 words so I would really appreciate if you guys voted and commented! I shoveled snow today and two days before, and let me just tell you I am extremely sore. This chapter could use some love after all the torture my fingers have been through! Thanks! :)

I had to thank Izhar in some way, and as cliche as it may be, I had the perfect idea planned. After my shift was over, I wasted no time at all and made my way to the grocery store, picking up anything that looked pretty, was colorful, smelled nice, and could potentially be delicious. I was still in my scrubs and smiled off the glares others gave me.

I headed home soon enough, and got right to work. I had four hours till Izhar was home, and being Mama's daughter, that would give me plenty of time to prepare dinner and get myself and everything ready. The garden salad was tossed, a little bit of feta cheese sprinkled on top, all the main courses cooked to perfection, and the desert was at its finest.

I looked at the clock, and I had one hour left. I quickly hopped in the shower and in no time was looking for the right outfit to wear. I went through each and every article of clothing till my fingers brushed against the rich material of a sari I was gifted on my Walima. It was a white net sari with baby blue piping on the edges. Though it was absolutely beautiful, I had never worn it because of its transparency, and because the blouse was pre-made: the sleeves were too short, the end of it only coming to the bust line, and the back completely open and being held together by a simple skinny cord from either side that had little trinkets at the end.

Izhar had teased me endlessly about wearing the sari, and I had told him that I wouldn't touch it until I got a blouse made to my waistline, the sleeves at least a couple inches past my elbow, and the back completely covered. Now seemed like the perfect time, so I pulled the sari out of my closet and tried my best in putting it on by myself.

I had nagged, nipped, and nudged the sari till I was fully satisfied and twirled in front of the mirror. I had kept my makeup simple, and hair natural. The thick waves cascaded from my shoulders and down till a few inches above my hips. My lips were shiny and naturally rosy pink and eyes swiped with mascara. I smiled at myself in the mirror as I thought about Izhar and sprayed my neck with Jasmine Atoor. Even though I used perfume, Izhar liked my natural scent, especially when I came right out of the shower.... I hoped he'd like it.

I took a deep breath and made my way downstairs to the kitchen. I took the food out from the oven in which I let it stay warm and brought it out to the main dining table. I lit the candles that I'd strategically placed around the table and garnished the empty spaces with rose petals. I took a deep breath and sat down in one of the chairs. And now I could only wait.

I kept pressing the home button of my screen each time it turned back off. 9:05. 9:17- 9:34.... and then the jumble of keys erupted in the doorknob. I jolted out of my seat and ran inside the kitchen, hiding behind one of the glass doors. I peeked to the side and waited till Izhar walked in. It seemed like he was taking forever, and I was running out of patience!

He finally opened the door and I could hear him walk through the hallway and down to the kitchen. He probably checked the living room first, and then thought about the kitchen when he didn't see me.

"Nour? Where are you darling?" he called.

He was about to walk into the kitchen, but then his eyes caught the flames of the candles. He stopped midway and a smile enveloped his whole face. I bit the edge of mine as I saw him run a hand through his hair. He looked around, and I quickly moved behind the door, shutting my eyes.